Java Backend Developer, Gdynia
Would you like to join Home Journey in Nordea? As a team we are offering the product which allow Nordea to support their clients in buying new houses. We are now looking for a java backend developer to develop new features in backend part of the software applications owned by Home Journey Agile Release Train.
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also a large IT employer in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Home Journey - Agile Release Train. We add value by designing and developing applications for Nordea and client applications for Nordea’s customers. With those applications Nordea supports customers in achieving funds which can be spent on purchasing real estates (ex: flats, houses etc.) As a java backend developer, you’ll play a valuable role in designing, developing, testing and releasing for backend layers for software applications.
What you’ll be doing:
- Participate in a design of backend for ‘home journey’ applications
- Develop new features in backend applications in Java 7/8, Spring, Spring Boot in existing applications used across the Nordics
- Review the code on a regular basis and decide on refactoring, improvements in a code
- Test your application: unit testing, secure testing performance testing and work with QA.
- For java development you will use: JetBrains IntelliJ IDE, Git, Bitbucket, Linters, SonarQube, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Nexus
- Invest in CI / CD platform and configurations and help coordinate releases from a technical perspective when needed
You’ll join one of the strongest projects in Nordea which is working fully in line with SAFe framework (A Scaled Agile for Lean Enterprises). The role is based in Gdynia in Poland.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- You have ability to solve a task independently and with minimal assistance
- Will be able to clarify requirements with business with good English
- You will explore existing code in java language - understand how the system is built and how the components work together
- You will be able to implement and present the complete solution while demos and PI planning
- While developing Home Journey functionalities, you will work in scrum / SAFe setup
- You are opened for proactive communication and have fun while working on backend part of software applications in java.
Your experience and background:
- Min. 2-3 years of experience within Java 7, 8
- Java Frameworks & libraries: Spring (MVC, Boot, Security)
- Experience with: Web Services REST, SQL and Oracle databases
- Actively using CI tools to integrate parts of java development process
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 15 June 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.