Senior Database Administrator, Warsaw
We are now looking for a Senior grade DBA to join out DBA Oracle Team.
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also a large IT employer in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the DBA Oracle team. We add value by providing a stable, reliable and secure database services. As DBA, you’ll play a valuable role in the team of DBA Oracle administrators that will grow in members, capabilities and responsibilities in the coming years. You will have a leading role in operations - RUN the bank - in your area, working with innovative technologies and concepts across the bank, to enable a future core competitive environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing database administration and maintenance, including on call duty according to the schedule
- Providing support for ongoing projects and changes
- Performance analyses and tuning
- Troubleshooting, incident investigation, provide root cause analyses (RCA)
- Monitoring proactively, patch management
- DB tasks execution, scripting & feedback for automation teams
- Providing a strong focus on operational excellence in RUN the bank
- Building competences and skills for yourself and team
- Creating a strong culture and mentality in your team by raising the bar and ambitions
You’ll join a database technology pasionates Team. The role is based in Warsaw.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Feel the team spirit
- Feel passionate about communication for impact and technologies
- Feel responsible and take ownership
- Feel automation benefit and deep diving into complexed issues
Your experience and background:
- At least 5 years’ experience with Oracle DB technology as an Oracle DBA ideally within a large bank or financial organization
- A Master’s degree in DB Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- Technology-oriented background would be an advantage
- Understanding of databases, infrastructure and application layer elements preferably from bank or financial institution
- Concepts like: monitoring, automation, scalability, sound more than familiar
- A successful record of automating and eliminating manual interventions in daily operations
- ITIL foundation and good knowledge of operations processes is a necessity
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 22 June 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.