Senior Hadoop / Big Data Developer, Gdańsk or Gdynia
Would you like to
Would you like to join a team with skilled developers and to strengthen Nordea’s competencies even further? We are now looking for a Senior Hadoop / Big Data Developer with the potential to grow to an Expert IT Developer.
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also a large IT employer in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Backend Application capability team. We add value by supporting key projects and initiative within GFT (Group Functions Technology) cluster, Nordea, with platform /software development competencies, such as Hadoop / Big Data, Oracle db, SQL, SAS, Java etc. We have a customer focused mindset and we value ownership, collaboration and knowledge high on our agenda. As Senior Hadoop / Big Data Developer, you will play a valuable role within this team.
Your role will be to work within your assigned project and where we practice SAFe way of working.
The role will be based in Gdańsk or Gdynia.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- are driven and take ownership
- are able to see the big picture
- are curious and eager to learn more
- are easy to cooperate with and support others
Your experience and background:
- 2 – 5 years of experience and knowledge in Scala/ Java/ Python programming language(s)
- Commercial experience and understanding with distributed systems
- Knowledge of Linux Shell Script, Hive, SQL
- Familiar with GitHub/BitBucket, continuous integration and automation tools (Ansible, Jenkins)
- Familiar with SAFe Agile way of working
- Fluent in English both writing and speaking
Important experience / knowledge:
- Knowledge of Hadoop stack (YARN, Sqoop, Hive, Impala, MapReduce Oozie, etc)
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Experience with Functional Programming libraries (like Cats, Scalaz, etc.)/ programming languages (Haskell, Clojure, Erlang etc)
- Experience with Streaming Technologies, such as Flink and Kafka
- Familiar with Machine Learning/ Data Analysis
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 13 June 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.