Capital & Risk Analyst, Warsaw
Are you ready for a new challenge? Would you like to thrive by finding answers to the most complex challenges and using lean techniques to do so? We are now looking for a Capital & Risk Analyst to work with various types of risk reporting for Nordea Group and its subsidiaries.
In Nordea, we know that great customer experiences require a team that leads the way in first-class service and operations. We’re more than just a Nordic bank, we’re a large employer in Poland. With us, you’ll work with skilled, international teams in a bright, modern office. The lively and collaborative atmosphere offers plenty of opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Regulatory Reporting team. We add value by analysing and reporting the development of risk exposure amounts (REA), the capital base, liquidity metrics and the leverage ratio in accordance with Basel III regulation. As the Credit and Risk Analyst, you’ll play a valuable role in a fast-paced and dynamic field of critical importance in the international finance industry. You will get exposure to a broad spectrum of risk types from capital to liquidity risks, as well as the opportunity to work with passionate and collaborative colleagues at Nordea.
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing analysis of the development of capital consumption, various liquidity metrics and financial regulatory reporting
- Communicating and presenting developments in various portfolios in a clear and concise way
- Driving continuous improvements in your processes and in the unit
- Ensuring adequate risk controls within your process and continuous to development of these controls
You’ll join a Regulatory Reporting unit where we are delivering reports to supervisory authorities through efficient processes meeting regulatory requirements, as well as to support analysis work related to risk and capital. The role is based in Warsaw.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Creative Thinking: can think creatively, have a “questioning” mind-set, propose new ways of working and strive for constant improvement in current processes
- Flexibility & Reliability: can take on unstructured assignments, discern what is important, develop appropriate action plans and demonstrate ownership
- Drive & Motivation: can successfully handle multiple tasks, persist in the face of adversity and take both initiative and accountability for improving his/her own performance
- Judgement: Display good judgement, think ahead, anticipate questions and prioritise work tasks appropriately
Your experience and background:
- An academic degree/ bachelor’s in finance, mathematics, statistics, engineering or similar
- 2-5 years’ relevant work experience
- Fluency in English is required
- Strong Excel Skills and motivation to learn VBA, SAAS and SQL
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Ability to work well within a team as well as with other teams across the bank
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 14 February 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.