Senior Controller, Nordics or Poland (Warsaw)
Would you like to monitor changes to International Accountings Reporting Standards (IFRS), analyse their impact on the bank's financial statements and implement them in financial and regulatory reporting processes? Do you have experience with hedge accounting and would like to lead finance and accounting projects?
We are now looking for a Senior Controller to ensure best in class financial reporting as well as identifying new accounting solutions.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
Welcome to Global Financial & Risk Information Control (GFRIC) which is a group-wide middle office function. GFRIC adds value by developing and implementing accounting processes and controlling financial data. As Senior Controller you will play a vital role in ensuring efficient and compliant financial reporting according to IFRS.
What you will be doing:
- Monitoring changes to international accounting standards and analyse their impact on the bank's financial statements
- Implementing new or changed IFRS standards (e.g. Dynamic Risk Management research project) in the reporting procedures with focus on hedge accounting (both IAS 39 and IFRS 9)
- Preparing impact assessments on the bank's financial statements related to new hedging strategies and new financial products
- Supporting in the preparation of the financial statements in accordance to IFRS
- Leading and participating in selected finance and accounting development projects (e.g. new systems, group alignment etc.)
- Having contact with regulators and internal and external auditors related to financial instruments and hedge accounting
You will join an experienced team of professionals with focus on technical accounting – both in terms of accounting standards and finance systems.
The role is based in either in the Nordics or Poland (Warsaw).
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to work independently with complex accounting and financial reporting topics. Also, you are required to take ownership of acquiring new theoretical accounting knowledge in close collaboration with other group functions.
Your experience and background:
- Several years of experience working with technical accounting related to financial instruments, including derivatives and hedge accounting
- Solid and practical experience in implementing new accounting standards into existing processes across different functions
- Hands-on experience with IAS 39/IFRS 9
- Hands-on experience from dealing with ECB and/or other regulators
- Experience with SAP and HFM is a plus
- You can clearly express yourself in English in writing and in speech
If it sounds like you, get in touch!
Interviews will be conducted on a continuous basis so send in your application already today.
Submit your application no later than 14 November 2019.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following if you apply for the position in Poland:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.