Senior Scala Developer, Gdynia or Warsaw
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Data Engineering team. We add value by organising vast amounts of data in Nordea. As the Senior Scala Developer, you’ll play a valuable role in building the next generation Big Data platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building a distributed and highly parallelized BigData processing pipeline which processes a massive amount of data (both structured and unstructured) in near real-time
- Leverage Scala and Spark to enrich and transform corporate data to enable searching, data visualization and advanced analytics
- Work closely with DevOps, QA and Product Management teams in a Continuous Delivery environment
You’ll join an international team of Engineers, who work on the next generation of BigData Platform. We are friendly and always willing to share the knowledge with each other. The role is based in Gdynia or Warsaw.
Who you are
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- are passionate about Functional Programming
- are not afraid of new challenges when working with data
Your experience and background:
- Must have skills:
- At least 3 years of experience with Scala programming language
- Fluent in English
- Experience in Functional Programming/libraries (like cats, scalaz, etc.) or other Functional Programming Languages (Haskell, Clojure, Erlang, etc.)
- Experience in test-driven development and familiarity with Linux and shell scripting
- Nice-to-have skills:
- Knowledge of Hadoop stack: YARN, Sqoop, Hive, Impala, MapReduce, Oozie, etc. but if you are not familiar with it, we are happy to teach you that
- Experience in an Agile way of working (SCRUM, XP, etc.)
- Experience with JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Github, etc.
- Streaming technologies, such as Flink or Kafka. Shapeless library, Hocon format, because we use it a lot
If you possess other interesting skills in Functional Programming, we encourage you to share it with us – we like to learn new things! You could also have an impact on our team’s way of working.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.