Technical Release Manager, Gdynia
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Release and Change Management team, part of the Engineering System family. We add value by managing application lifecycle and orchestrating efficient and automated releases to production, while upholding DevOps practices across the bank. As the Technical Release Manager, you’ll play a valuable role in ensuring that future application releases in the bank will be automated and adhere to DevOps principles.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, plan and contribute to implement SW release deployment pipelines from lower environments to productions for banking technology solutions
- Manage release execution projects in all phases of the lifecycle - from pipeline to production, further strengthening our DevOps vision
- Be the release responsible for all aspects related to a release, from planning to go live approval, release calendar creation, stakeholder approvals etc.
- Identify opportunities to automate mundane activities throughout the release pipeline to ensure efficiency and reliability of our deployments
- Continuously improve ways of working and increase efficiency to enable the vision of CI/CD and release on demand
You’ll join a great team of fellow release managers that executes on the same vision throughout the bank. You will learn from them and they will learn from you. The role is based in Gdynia, but your colleagues will be all over Nordea locations.
Who you are
- Educational background relevant to Bachelors/Master's degree or the equivalent experience
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
- Very good level of English
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Accountability and proactivity
Your experience and background:
- Hands-on proficiency and at least 3 years of experience in several/all the following: deployment orchestration (XL Release, Ansible, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes or similar), CI/CD tools (Jenkins or similar), scripting languages (e.g. Python)
- Experience in handling continuous releases of large-scale SW solutions involving complex cross dependencies
- Understanding of Agile, Scrum, SAFe methodologies
- Release and deployment management experience using ITIL framework
- Experience and knowledge of Infrastructure & Operations areas, as well as experience working with incident, problem and change management
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 9 October 2019.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.