Senior C++ Developer (Derivatives Risk Platform), Gdansk
About this opportunity
Welcome to the IT Development team. We add value by being responsible for delivering and maintaining derivatives risk platform. Our aim is to create a highly scalable and flexible risk system allowing our partners in the trading area to react with speed on new business opportunities and on demands from new regulation, while we continue delivering the necessary service to the trading floor
What you’ll be doing:
- Being a key member of our agile cross-functional team of talented and very technically skilled people. The team is working closely with two other development teams in the same department supporting the current derivatives systems and developing a new platform
- Working at our Nordea office in Gdansk where you will take a leading role for one or more components in the infrastructure supporting calculations for derivatives trading on the trading floor
- Acting as a technical sparring partner to senior members of the team and towards senior people in both the quant team and other IT areas
- This position will be a great opportunity for candidates, who are looking for an interesting opportunity to work in a complex and fast-pace environment, striving for state-of-the-art technology. At the same time, we offer the advantages of a true work life balance, enabling you to prioritize career and private life at the same time
The role is based in Gdansk.
Who you are
- Are goal oriented with a proven track record of meeting goals and deliveries
- Enjoy interaction with other people
Your experience and background:
- C++ developer with at least 5 years of experience as a developer
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience in agile development, as well as Jira, Stash, Git, Bamboo would be an asset
- Experience in banking or Investment Banking and experience in Ansible, Java and Python would be an advantage as well
- Relevant university qualifications and experience in MSQL and Oracle databases would be a plus
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.