Senior Java Developer (Derivatives Risk Platform), Gdansk
We are looking for a Senior Java IT Developer to join IT Development team.
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the IT development team. We add value by being responsible for delivering and maintaining derivatives risk platform. Our aim is to create a highly scalable and flexible risk system allowing our partners in the trading area to react with speed on new business opportunities and on demands from new regulation, while we continue delivering the necessary service to the trading floor.
What you’ll be doing:
- Being a key member of our agile cross-functional team of talented and very technically skilled people. The team is working closely with two other development teams in the same department supporting the current derivatives systems and developing a new platform
- Working at our Nordea office in Gdansk where you will take a leading role for one or more components in the infrastructure supporting calculations for derivatives trading on the trading floor
- Acting as a technical sparring partner to senior members of the team and towards senior people in both the quant team and other IT areas
- This position will be a great opportunity for candidates, who are looking for an interesting opportunity to work in a complex and fast-pace environment, striving for state-of-the-art technology. At the same time, we offer the advantages of a true work life balance, enabling you to prioritize career and private life at the same time
The role is based in Gdansk.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Are goal oriented with a proven track record of meeting goals and deliveries
- Enjoy interaction with other people
Your experience and background:
- Java developer with at least 5 years of experience as a developer
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience in agile development and Jira, Stash, Git, Bamboo would be an asset
- Experience in banking or Investment Banking would be an advantage
- Experience in Python, Redis, Ansible, Docker, Data Synapse, RabbitMQ, or Vagrant would be an asset as well
- Relevant university qualifications and experience in Oracle databases is a plus
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 8 November 2019.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.