Senior Java Developer (Derivatives Risk Platform)., Gdansk
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Your future responsibilities
You will be part of the IT development team, which is responsible for delivering and maintaining derivatives risk platform. Our aim is to create a highly scalable and flexible risk system allowing our partners in the trading area to react with speed on new business opportunities and on demands from new regulation, while we continue delivering the necessary service to the trading floor.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be a key member of our agile cross-functional team of talented and very technically skilled people. The team is working closely with two other development teams in the same department supporting the current derivatives systems and developing a new platform
- You will be working at our Nordea office in Gdansk where you will take a leading role for one or more components in the infrastructure supporting calculations for derivatives trading on the trading floor
- You will act as a technical sparring partner to senior members of the team and towards senior people in both the quant team and other IT areas
- This position will be a great opportunity for candidates, who are looking for an interesting opportunity to work in a complex and fast-pace environment, striving for state-of-the-art technology. At the same time, we offer the advantages of a true work life balance, enabling you to prioritize career and private life at the same time
The role is based in Gdansk.
Who you are
- Java developer with at least 5 years of experience as a developer
- Goal oriented with a proven track record of meeting goals and deliveries
- Enjoys interaction with other people
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience in agile development and Jira, Stash, Git, Bamboo
- Experience in banking or Investment Banking
- Experience in Python, Redis, Ansible, Docker, DataSynapse, RabbitMQ, or Vagrant
- Relevant university qualifications
- Experience in Oracle databases
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
You have until 3 August 2019 to send us your application.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition who is handling everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.