Linux Administrator in Application Operations, Gdańsk
We are looking for a Linux Administrator to join a team responsible for core trading applications. You need to able to work independently in operations with analytical mind and attention to the details, you will be making independent decisions, staying in touch with development and business teams that value straightforward communication.
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital.
More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join Settlement and Services Team, where we work closely with Developers and Business in Poland, Denmark and Finland and provide backoffice for Capital Markets in Regulatory Reporting IT,
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide Application 2nd line support on Linux server platforms
- Process automation, scripting in real time reporting APIs
- Deployments of new versions of software
- Develop and react on the warnings and alerts from monitoring system
- Work with Infrastructure and Operations as well as Application Development teams to develop, implement, and control high quality applications
- Follow ITIL processes
- Contribute to team's Knowledge Management System, documentation
- Manage relationships with business and IT peers
The role is based in Gdansk. Welcome to a team consists of 12 people, regular and senior colleagues, focused on cooperation and open communication. We have sense of humour, go out quarterly on team events and respect our work and private setup.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Knowledge of Linux system and administration (Red Hat distribution is preferred, certificates are not required but we are looking for passion and willingness to learn)
- SQL knowledge (Oracle/PLSQL will be an asset)
- Experience in IT Operations is something you like (readiness for OnCall duty will be expected)
- Hands-on experience within Knowledge Management Systems (e.g. Confluence, Atlassian stack, SharePoint or other solutions)
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or equivalent in experience
- Nice to have experience: Monitoring tools, ITIL process, understanding of incident processes
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 31 July 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.