Senior Java Developer (Core Technology), Gdańsk
We are looking for an experienced Java Developer to work in the Core Technology team at Nordea. This is an opportunity for you to join our team professionals who work to deliver high quality, mission critical, large scale platforms for streaming applications.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital.
More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
Your future responsibilities
You'll join a small and focused team of enthusiastic Java developers who provide a platform for low latency streaming and storage of trades, quotes, settlement information, accounting events and more. We use a broad technology stack including Java, Kafka, and MongoDB.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing real time systems to publish and consume data to/from Apache Kafka, developing APIs, and interacting with schema-less and schema-driven databases.
- Helping internal users use the systems you build
- Showing independence, with general instructions on new assignments and little instruction on day-to-day work
- Influencing the activities of junior level personnel
The role is based in Gdansk. Welcome to a team where people are the most important and work is not only a place to go!
Who you are
Your profile and background:
- Highly experienced with Java
- Working experience with API based web integration technologies such as XML, RESTful APIs/JSON, gRPC
- Understanding of ESBs, messaging brokers, and pub/sub patterns
- Practical experience with relational databases or NoSQL databases
- Teamwork and communication skills (communicative English - spoken and written)
Additionally, knowledge in some of following will be considered as a plus:
- Good knowledge of Windows and Linux systems administration
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as JIRA, Bamboo, Maven, Git, Artifactory, Ansible, and Docker and other similar tools
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 21 July 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.