IT Developer in Application Maintenance (T24), Gdańsk
We are looking for an energetic, innovative and service minded Engineer to help us support, maintenance and automate variety of core applications. This is an opportunity for you to participate in large core banking project for Nordic countries. You will play an important role in the transformation of IT Operations towards a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and Customer Reliability Engineering (CRE) approach.
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital.
More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
Your future responsibilities
You will join a Core Banking Application team, where we are responsible for support, maintenance and automation of variety of core applications. As a "run the bank" organization we make sure that IT services and applications work today and continue to work in the future.
What you’ll be doing:
- Application maintenance which consist of providing 2nd level of support and assist in 3rd level of support
- Automate manual tasks, create/improve e2e monitoring, develop solutions that will increase stability of the supported application
- Investigate and analyse incidents and problems in core banking applications ecosystem; support releases, changes, tests and planned failovers; perform system validation/health-check; on-call rotation outside normal working hours
- Work with Infrastructure and Development teams to implement and control quality and reliability of applications providing data to internal and external customers
- Work on improvements and automation in ecosystem basing on technologies like Temenos T24, Hadoop, Kafka, IBM MQ, Oracle Service Bus (OSB), Elasticsearch
The role is based in Gdańsk. Our team is a unique set of great people with different skills, experience and common sense of humour that work together to run the bank.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Minimum 2 years of commercial experience in IT industry (in Application Maintenance, System Administration or Development),
- Good command of SQL language
- Basic command of software programming (preferable Java or jBase)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- English language on a professional level
- Ability to work under pressure and good communication skills
- Fast-learner and eager to learn new technologies
Experience with at least one of the following would be an advantage:
- Knowledge of Temenos T24 system
- Knowledge of XMLType
- Familiarity with logging and monitoring tools such as Splunk, AppDynamics
- Oracle Weblogic servers, Linux operating system, Services, Oracle SQL XMLType, Elasticsearch
- DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Customer Reliability Engineering (CRE) experience or ITIL certification
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 27.07.2019
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.