Head of Issue Management, Warsaw or Gdynia
Technology Risk Management (Data, Information, Security and IT) Unit, commonly known as TRM (DISIT) supports Nordea's Technology areas with concrete solutions to identify, assess, mitigate and monitor identified issues and risks.
Together, we are passionate about building a bank that makes a difference – one where you can learn and grow together with our continuously focus making sure that we’re trusted partner to both our customers and society – building the foundation for great customer experiences.
Your future responsibilities
As Head of Issue Management, you will be responsible for leading the Issue Management unit as well taking a central role in building and developing a solid foundation preparing the unit for handling existing and future challenges.
You’ll join Technology Risk Management (TRM), a unit within group BRIS (Business Risk Implementation and Support) heading the unit Issue Management. TRM orchestrates, implements and coordinates initiatives to align and augment the IT Risk and Compliance activities in a structured way through proactive remediation and issue management.
As our head of Issue Management unit, you’ll have the responsibility for driving our initiatives for the Issue Management domain in Group Technology.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the team of high qualified advisors, help people grow by providing feedback and guidance in line with Nordea values
- Ensure that your team cooperates and perform at the highest possible level, and it’s important that you can operate on different levels of the organization
- Build on relationships and partner up with colleagues and stakeholders throughout the value chain to effectively run development and implementation processes
- Work closely together with the TRM management team to provide issue remediation advisory and guidance
- Help technology and information security areas to remediate risks identified by third parties
- Partner with other units cross the organization, communicate and facilitate discussion with Executive management with regards to issue remediation
- Develop and assure good quality reports on issue portfolio and remediation activities
- Build structures and processes that help to raise the risk awareness in Technology and Information security organisation
- Build the unit capabilities while firmly and inspirationally leading the team performance successfully attracting new talent needed
- Responsible for seeking out trends, best practices and future developments within the sector in order to meet the Nordea business strategy, values and vision
Who you are
You have solid leadership experience where you are familiar with close interaction in the interface to executive management, preferably from a similar area. You have superior people management skills, and knowledge of value-based leadership and cross-border experience.
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
In a rapidly changing environment, we expect that you are able to quickly pick up advanced domain knowledge and show strong interpersonal skills.
In addition, we will look for the following qualifications/skills:
- Experience in managing the team in Internal Audit, Internal Control or Risk Management areas
- High working capacity, solid track record and the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams to deliver qualitative solutions on time
- Excellent communication skills and find it interesting and rewarding to work in a cross-border Nordic organisation
- Be able to influence and show ability to influence and present ideas to senior levels.
- You are self-motivated and able to work independently
- You take on responsibilities as well as being engaged and committed being a team player where you focus on quality showing high degree of learning agility
- Persistent with a strong drive where you are willing to take “an extra mile” if needed.
- As we are a truly international organisation, we expect you to be able to speak and write English at a superior level
- A university degree or corresponding experience is considered an advantage
- You will be working out of one of our offices in the Nordics or Poland where flexibility regarding traveling is expected.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.com, you can read more about us and the role we play in society.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 17 July 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.