Scala Developer, Gdynia or Warsaw
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join Data Engineering Team, where we deal with Big Data technologies on a daily basis.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building a distributed and highly parallelized BigData processing pipeline, which processes a massive amount of data (both structured and unstructured) in near real-time
- Leverage Scala and Spark to enrich and transform corporate data to enable searching, data visualization and advanced analytics
- Work closely with DevOps, QA and Product Management teams in a Continuous Delivery environment
The role is based in Gdynia or Warsaw. Welcome to an international team of Engineers, who work on the next generation of BigData Platform. We are friendly and always willing to share the knowledge with each other.
Who you are
Must have skills (at least one the following):
- At least 2 years of experience with Scala programming language
- Fluent in English
- Experience in test-driven development
- Knowledge of Hadoop stack: YARN, Sqoop, Hive, Impala, MapReduce, Oozie, etc.
- Experience with Functional Programming/libraries (like cats, scalaz, etc.) or other Functional Programming Languages (Haskell, Clojure, Erlang, etc.)
- Experience in an Agile way of working (SCRUM, XP, etc.)
- Experience with JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Github, etc.
- Streaming technologies, such as Flink and Kafka
- Hocon format
- Linux and shell scripting
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 18 August 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.