Senior Java Developer in Wholesale Banking Technology, Gdańsk
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join Wholesale Banking Operations (WBO) Technology Services Department, responsible for providing financial solutions to Nordea’s biggest corporate and institutional customers. We are a high-performing team, setting high-standards and you have the ability and willingness to learn and grow together with the unit. We see Agile development methods and close cooperation with business as the key to achieve our goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing the software development lifecycle, including implementing new features and bug fixing
- Using leading edge technologies to develop high performance real-time systems processing a large number of transactions daily
- Creating high quality code in our applications, which includes reporting tools of high importance for Nordea
- Being a sparring partner for the IT Analysts and Business Analysts in planning, designing and creating the applications
- Contributing to continuous improvements by developing processes and suggesting the best approach based on your own experience
- We are currently both implementing new systems and expanding capabilities of existing applications. We see a need for strengthening the development capabilities in the team to ensure quality, scalability, and operational stability
The role is based in Gdańsk and will involve occasional travel to Nordic countries (mainly Denmark/Finland).
Welcome to a team where you will work closely with the analysts, developers, testers and product owner to build and develop the absolute best possible applications for our business stakeholders. Our team is focused on quality and delivery - supporting others in working smart. We are focused on simplification.
Who you are
Your profile and background:
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience with core Java 8/9/JEE and good understanding of Java design patterns, as well as you have experience in system analysis, design, and software development cycles on an enterprise level
- Youi have good understanding of IT solution architecture
- You have good knowledge and experience in technologies, such as: Spring Boot, Apache Kafka, Hibernate, etc.
- You have good knowledge and experience in relational databases such as Oracle (or similar)
Nice to have skills:
- An interest in continuous learning of capital markets domain (our business)
- Knowledge of technologies, such as: MQ, MongoDB, Git, Junit, Gradle, Maven, SonarQube, etc.
- Specific knowledge of Oracle databases and ability to read PL/SQL are a huge benefit
- Atlassian stack: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo
- Agile working method (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience in delivering trainings, mentoring or sharing knowledge.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please submit your application no later than 6 September 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.