Senior Developer (Python), Gdańsk
We are looking for a backend developer with experience in developing low-latency and high-performance software to join our Digital Foundations team in e-Markets. This is an opportunity for you to work on state-of-the-art systems to meet new challenges in a fast-paced business. You will be responsible for improving and evolving a prototype into a production application. Nordea’s e-Markets handles a significant volume of the Scandinavian FX market, and as a result our applications deal with very large volumes of data and react to them in real time. This poses unique and interesting developer challenges.
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced, agile environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital. We all have a role in building the best bank that serves our customers’ changing needs – through innovative solutions, collaboration and partnering with fintechs.
Are you ready to embark on a learning journey where we lead the way and push the limits in transforming the future of banking?
Your future responsibilities
Using data science in banking is more than a trend, it has become a necessity to keep up with the competition and to enhance our customer offering. At Nordea we realize that big data technologies can help focus our resources efficiently, make smarter decisions, and improve our performance. As a bank we are obliged to collect, analyse and store massive amounts of data, but rather than viewing this as a pure compliance exercise, our machine learning, and data science tools can transform this into a possibility to learn more about our clients’ pain points and work towards creating a better customer experience.
This is where you come in.
You will be an integral part of the team building the back-end to support of a data intensive Nordea web application using big data technologies that help us make smarter decisions and improve our performance as a bank.
You will scale, maintain and improve the application. You will also test, troubleshoot and support the RESTful micro-services that act as intermediary between the application and internal components and programs.
Everything we do is in close collaboration with the business, algo- quants and system engineers, and here you will act as a technical sparring partner and contact point between data scientists, system analysts and architects.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Hands-on development, testing and installation of services and applications, and continuously improving the release pipeline
- Be actively involved in tuning the performance of the application and automate wherever possible
- Support data ingestion, data availability, and access. Run data lake environments, e.g. run Kafka and Hadoop cluster
- Enable data scientists by scaling analytics applications, e.g. analytics software libraries, productizing workflows, and analytic microservices
- Meet deadlines and deliver results to the business and to the rest of the team is paramount, as have a strong sense of ownership and commitment
- Work closely with colleagues in the e-Markets group, including both business and IT teams
The role is based in Gdansk. Welcome to the Digital Foundations team, where we love talking about technology and strongly value knowledge sharing. The team is situated in Gdansk and in Copenhagen. You will be working with dedicated people in a busy but very rewarding and friendly environment.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Strong Python (3.5) development skills, including expertise in multi-threaded performance critical programming with excellent design and problem-solving capabilities
- Experience in code performance analysis and optimization, as well as in taking an Angular workspace into production
- Strong background in catering for non-functional requirements, including stability, manageability, scalability, capacity and performance
- Proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries
- Curious and collaborative, you are strong at working independently, as well as in a team
- Proficient written and spoken communication skills in English
- Must be willing to travel occasionally within Europe
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl,you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 20 June 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.