Senior Python Developer, Gdansk
Would you like to work on state-of-the-art systems to
meet new challenges in a fast-paced industry? We are now looking for a Backend Developer
with experience in developing a data intensive web application to join our
Digital Foundations team in Digital Services. You will be
responsible for improving and evolving a software prototype into a production
application. To ensure success in this role you need significant experience in
Python, Angular and Docker and using that in architecting data intensive
applications, web frameworks and web services. The role will also require
significant knowledge in continuous integration and in deploying containerized
In Nordea, we’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A tech revolution is underway – and you can make an impact. Though we’re a Nordic bank, we’re also a large IT employer in Tricity and Warsaw. Working with international teams in an inspiring working environment, you’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your skills and advance your career.
About this opportunity
You will be an integral part of the team building the
back-end to support of a Nordea web application using big data technologies
that help us make smarter decisions.
As a Senior Python Developer, you’ll play a
valuable role in scale, maintain and improve the application. Working closely
with business and IT colleagues, you will also drive application testing,
troubleshoot and support some of the micro-services that act as intermediary
between the application, and internal components and programs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Hands-on development, testing, tuning and installation of services and applications, and continuously improving the release pipeline
- Support data ingestion, data availability and access, as well as run data lake environments, e.g. running Kafka and Hadoop cluster
- Enable data scientists by scaling analytics applications, e.g. analytics software libraries, producing workflows
- Meet deadlines and deliver results to the business and to the rest of the team is paramount, as is having a strong sense of ownership and commitment
You’ll join the Digital Foundations team, where we
love talking about technology and strongly value knowledge sharing. The team is
situated in Gdansk and in Copenhagen, and so you will be working in a busy
atmosphere, but also a very rewarding, friendly and exciting environment full
of dedicated people. The role is
based in Gdańsk.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in
this role, we believe that you:
- Are curious and collaborative, strong at working independently, as well as in a team
- Have proficient written and spoken communication skills in English
- Must be willing to travel within Europe
Your experience and background:
- Strong Python (3.5 or above) and development skills, with excellent design and problem-solving capabilities
- Experience in code performance analysis and optimization, as well as experience in taking an Angular work space into production
- Experience with docker, docker-compose and docker swarm
- Front-end experience (Bootstrap and D3.js) would be an asset but not a must
If this sounds like you, get in
Submit your application no later than 11
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.