Junior Big Data Developer, Warsaw
We are looking for Junior Big Data Developer.
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
Your future responsibilities
As a Junior Big Data Developer, you will be responsible for a successful design and implementation of a high-performing, flexible, robust, scalable and easily maintainable global reporting solution for the Bank on Hadoop ecosystem.
If you don’t have Hadoop experience, we will give you a chance to gain such knowledge based on your current experience (in Java 8 or Scala, if you don’t know Scala we will train you).
You will get the chance of working with some of the newest technology and methods in the market on the Hadoop Ecosystem platform.
Role is based in Warsaw.
By joining the Nordea team, you will gain:
- Scandinavian environment (the happiest people in the world)
- Opportunity to participate in ambitious, international IT projects with SAFe methodology
- Access to the latest high-tech solutions and opportunity to specialize in other technologies
- Modern and friendly work environment with open door policy
- Individual training budget and program for your development
- Full-time position based on an employment contract
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- An incentive package that includes a medical services package for you and your family, sports card and much more
- A possibility to join a corporate life insurance scheme
- Access to Employee Pension Scheme
- Relocation package option
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your technical background:
- Knowledge and experience in Java 8 (at least 1-year desirable)
- Understanding of the principles of distributed systems
- Basic knowledge about functional programming
- Willingness to learn Spark and/or Scala
- Knowledge of SQL
- Good English both in writing and speaking
- Knowledge of Scala will be a plus
- Knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem would be a plus
We are looking for a profile with a good drive and willingness to learn new technologies; you should be a good team player and be good at sharing his knowledge with other.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 14 June 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.