C++ Developer, Gdańsk
We are looking for a C++ Developer, who is eager to learn, and who can help delivering high-quality IT solutions in a fast-changing environment.This is an opportunity for you to deliver advanced technical solutions using existing and emerging technology platforms, where you participate in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of components built around and on top of a vendor provided application.
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced, agile environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital. We all have a role in building the best bank that serves our customers’ changing needs – through innovative solutions, collaboration and partnering with fintechs.
Are you ready to embark on a learning journey where we lead the way and push the limits in transforming the future of banking?
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join Wholesale Banking Operations (WBO) Reporting Technology Team (or WBO Collateral and TR Technology Team), responsible for Regulatory, Tax and Backoffice Reporting and Collateral Management and Trading. We are a high-performing team, setting high-standards and you have the ability and willingness to learn and grow together with the unit. We see Agile development methods and close cooperation with business as the key to achieve our goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a sparring partner for the IT Analysts and Business Analysts in planning, designing and creating the applications and data for reporting - locally and abroad
- Managing the software development lifecycle, including implementing new features and bug fixing
- Using leading edge technologies, in order to develop high performance real-time systems processing a large number of transactions daily
- Creating high-quality codes in our applications, which include reporting tools of high importance for Nordea
- Contribute to continuous improvement by developing processes and suggesting the best approach based on your own experience
- We are currently working on optimizing and improving the settlement process on the trading activities, and we see a need for strengthening the development capabilities in the team, to ensure quality, scalability, and operational stability of this application
The role is based in Gdańsk, but you might be also required to travel to Nordic countries (mainly Denmark/Finland).
Welcome to a team where you will work closely with the analysts, developers, testers and product owner to build and develop the absolute best possible applications for our business stakeholders. Our team is focused on quality and delivery - supporting others in working smart. We are focused on simplification.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- You have 2-3 years of experience with C++ and object-oriented programming
- You understand relational database concepts (preferable Oracle databases and PL/SQL)
- You are familiar with Microsoft Visual Studio
- You are familiar with continuous integration, preferable Bamboo
- You have experience with source control systems
- You understand IT solution architecture
- You have strong analytical mindset
Nice to have skills:
- Familiar with .NET, C# and C++/CLI
- Core Java/JEE and Java design patterns
- Understanding of open source tools and frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, Git, Gradle and Maven
- Familiar with IDEs such as IntelliJ and Eclipse
- Software testing using e.g. J-Unit
- Agile working method (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Atlassian stack: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo
- Experience in delivering trainings, mentoring or sharing knowledge
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 10 May 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.