Senior Full Stack Java Developer for International Units, Gdansk
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced, agile environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital. We all have a role in building the best bank that serves our customers’ changing needs – through innovative solutions, collaboration and partnering with fintechs.
Are you ready to embark on a learning journey where we lead the way and push the limits in transforming the future of banking?
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join International Units, where we provide IT services to Nordea’s International Branches, Corporate & Institutional Banking and Structured Loan Services, acting as single point of contact in all IT matters.
The position is mainly Java development but potentially includes a broad range of tasks, e.g. SQL development, scripting, environment configuration and business support on technical issues. The systems in International Units are a combination of a vendor-based solutions, internally developed systems, system integrations and some web client development. International Units IT provides IT services to Nordea’s International Branches, Corporate & Institutional Banking and Structured Loan Services, acting as single point of contact in all IT matters.
What you’ll be doing:
- The position covers the full life cycle from new requirements to be implemented, maintenance, environment configuration, product upgrades, technical improvement etc
- The focus will be on further development of the in-house developed parts of the systems, and here good skills in Java and application design using Spring, Hibernate and J2EE are needed. There will also be need of skills in improving/refactoring the existing code base
- Some of the new tasks in the development pipeline will be integration using Kafka, rewriting user interface in React, development of Rest services
- The system is operated by our operations team, and there is a need to have good cooperation with the operations team to improve e.g. environment configuration and automated workflows for deployments
- We use a full development pipeline with version control (GIT/Bitbucket), Maven builds, build server (Bamboo), automated tests, static code inspection (lgtm), JIRA, Crucible/FishEye etc. There will be a need to fully understand these tools, be able to work with them and write configuration for them
The role is based in Gdansk. Welcome to a very committed and dedicated team working with curiosity and skills in a complex environment.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
You are a person with great technical skills who can be the main driver for the development. You must be comfortable with and having the competencies to do technical decisions of varying complexity in cooperation with the technical architect in the team. You must be able to assist the Business Analyst or technical architect in project analysis, planning and estimation.
You will act as a Senior Developer, and as such be interested in helping other developers grow by assisting and coaching them. There will be good possibilities to have technical sparring and support in the team.
- Experienced full stack Java developer
- Experienced with application design and refactoring
- Able to drive development and mentor others
- Spring, J2EE, Hibernate
- Junit, Mocking, automated testing
- Json and XML processing
- Development pipelines, automation, scripting
- Scrum/Kanban planning
- SQL, DB2 and/or Oracle database
- Knowledge about banking in general, accounting and payments
- Rest services
- Websphere Application Server
- Kafka and Hadoop
- Windows Server, IBMi (AS400)
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 17 July 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.