Senior Full Stack Java Developer for International Units, Gdansk
About this opportunity
Welcome to the International Units. We add value by providing IT services to Nordea’s International Branches, Corporate & Institutional Banking and Structured Loan Services, acting as single point of contact in all IT matters. As a Senior Full Stack Java Developer, you’ll play a valuable role in mainly Java development but potentially including a broad range of tasks, e.g. SQL development, scripting, environment configuration and business support on technical issues. The systems in International Units are a combination of a vendor-based solutions, internally developed systems, system integrations and some web client development. International Units IT provides IT services to Nordea’s International Branches, Corporate & Institutional Banking and Structured Loan Services, acting as single point of contact in all IT matters.
What you’ll be doing:
- The position covers the full life cycle from new requirements to be implemented, maintenance, environment configuration, product upgrades, technical improvement etc
- The focus will be on further development of the in-house developed parts of the systems, and here good skills in Java and application design using Spring, Hibernate and J2EE are needed. There will also be need of skills in improving/refactoring the existing code base
- Some of the new tasks in the development pipeline will be integration using Kafka, rewriting user interface in React, development of Rest services
- The system is operated by our operations team, and there is a need to have good cooperation with the operations team to improve e.g. environment configuration and automated workflows for deployments
- We use a full development pipeline with version control (GIT/Bitbucket), Maven builds, build server (Bamboo), automated tests, static code inspection (lgtm), JIRA, Crucible/FishEye etc. There will be a need to fully understand these tools, be able to work with them and write configuration for them
You’ll join a very committed and dedicated team working with curiosity and skills in a complex environment. The role is based in Gdańsk.
Who you are
- Are a person with great technical skills who can be the main driver for the development
- Be comfortable with and having the competencies to do technical decisions of varying complexity in cooperation with the technical architect in the team
- Be able to assist the Business Analyst or technical architect in project analysis, planning and estimation
Your experience and background:
- Experienced full stack Java developer and experience in application design and refactoring
- Able to drive development and mentor others
- Experience in Spring, J2EE, Hibernate, Junit, Mocking, automated testing, Json and XML processing, Maven, development pipelines, automation, scripting, Scrum/Kanban planning, SQL, DB2 and/or Oracle database
- Knowledge about banking in general, accounting and payments would be an asset
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 4 October 2019.