Internal Audit Manager, Personal & Business Banking, Warszawa, Gdynia or Łódź
We are looking for an Internal Audit Manager to join Group Internal Audit (GIA) at Nordea.
In today’s world, change is the one thing you can count on. But whatever the future brings, our customers remain at the heart of everything we do.
That’s where you come in. Working with dedicated colleagues in an exciting, fast-paced environment, you’ll help meet our customers’ changing needs.
We aim to be courageous and explorative in our approach to innovating better ways of delivering banking services – anytime, anywhere. This means you’ll have many opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us. Will you help us lead the way in creating great customer experiences?
Your future responsibilities
Group Internal Audit (GIA) is an independent function, supporting the Nordea Group Board and Group Executive Management in protecting the assets, reputation and sustainability of the largest bank in the Nordics.
As Internal Audit Manager, you will contribute to the execution of GIA’s strategy and the delivery of GIA’s annual audit plan, and you will build and maintain a network of relevant stakeholders to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of Nordea’s governance, risk management and control processes. You will provide leadership within your areas of expertise, by taking on various roles in audit projects (either a project lead or a project team member) and by acting as a role model to your colleagues. Working across teams is encouraged, so you will have the opportunity to work with all aspects of risks in the Nordea Group.
You will join the Personal Banking and Commercial & Business Banking audit team which covers all processes within the business areas responsible for household- and small/mid-size corporate customers in Nordea. Credit, cash management, payment and mortgage processes are key topics in our everyday work.
What you will be doing:
- Act as a project lead or a project team member in planning and executing audit projects and following up on previous audit findings in accordance with GIA's audit methodology
- Build and maintain a network of relevant stakeholders within Nordea
- Challenge Executive Management to improve the effectiveness of governance, compliance, risk management and internal controls
- Support in ad-hoc tasks, e.g. the update of the risk assessment and annual audit plan, and share knowledge within your area of responsibility in GIA
- Clarify expectations, follow up and provide coaching and feedback to other team members
- Work with GIA colleagues across teams and countries in a truly global network
The role is based in Gdynia, Warszawa or Łódź.
The position will not entail responsibility for managing staff.
Some travelling is expected. Group Internal Audit prioritizes use of technology to facilitate efficient, flexible working. This means that although you will work with colleagues around Nordics, travel is kept at family and environmentally friendly levels.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- At least 3 years’ experience working with internal or external audit, 1st or 2nd line control and risk management functions, or equivalent
- Experience in working in a bank/other financial institution is an advantage
- Experience in IT processes and data analytics is an advantage
- Excellent collaborative skills and strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with senior professionals
- High ethical standards with demonstrated integrity, tact, and diplomacy
- Strong project management and organizational skills with proven success in contributing to and driving key initiatives
- CIA, CISA or other related certification, or willingness to attain one
- University degree in Auditing, Economics, Business Administration, Risk Management or related fields
- Fluency in written and spoken English
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 6 April 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GPDR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.