IT Business Analyst, Gdańsk
We are looking for an IT Business Analyst to gather business requirements and translate them into IT language. This is an opportunity for you to be part of competent and passionate scrum development team.
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital.
More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join WBO Reporting Technology team, where we are responsible for Regulatory, Collateral, Tax and Backoffice Reporting. Our team is a part of Trading Technology IT which is responsible for supporting and developing systems and solutions for Wholesale Banking Operations (WBO).
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a sparring partner for the business and development team in planning, designing and creating the applications and data for reporting,
- Gather requirements from business stakeholders and challenge them to create sustainable solutions (functional and non-functional requirements)
- Create requirements documentation
- Create high quality analysis in our applications, including those business critical
- Contribute to continuous improvement by developing processes, and suggesting the best approach based on your own experience
The role is based in Gdańsk, but you might be also required to travel to Nordic countries (mainly Denmark/Finland). Welcome to a team where you will work closely with the developers and testers to build and develop the absolute best possible applications for our business stakeholders.
You enjoy working in a high-performing team, setting high-standards and you have the ability and willingness to learn and grow together with the unit.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- At least 3 years of experience in IT or Business Analysis
- You have very good analytical skills and business understanding
- You understand of IT processes and software development lifecycle
- You have ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels; strong people skills
- You are good at documenting, keeping track off, following up and structuring tasks
- You have proactive approach towards problem solving
Nice to have skills - if you do not have them be ready to learn:
- You know Agile working method (create user stories and acceptation criteria)
- Experience in Capital Markets Business. Knowledge of the trading systems and risk control systems used by Nordea (Bloomberg, Reuter, Infinity, Mars, Wall Street, etc.)
- Experience in introducing new technologies/processes
- Database Knowledge (Oracle, SQL - you are able to compose select queries with joins, insert/update/delete statements)
- Business Intelligence experience
- Jira and Confluence experience
- Ability to read files in XML, FPML, CSV format
- Experience in delivering trainings, mentoring or sharing knowledge.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.