Data Analyst in Group Internal Audit, Warsaw
As a Data Analyst in the Data & Analytics team in Group Internal Audit (GIA), you will deliver insightful data analytics services and drive key aspects of GIA's Data analytics strategy.
The pace of change in the Banking sector continues to accelerate. Changing customer behaviours, coupled with the advent of new technologies, remain key drivers of change in the industry. Nordea has initiated a business and cultural transformation, intended to position the Bank to be adaptive and resilient to the changing environment.
The changing environment also increases expectations on internal audit functions to be more efficient, more innovative and more data and technology savvy than before.
Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join Data & Analytics team in Group Internal Audit (GIA). GIA is an independent function, supporting the Nordea Group Board and Group Executive Management in protecting the assets, reputation and sustainability of the largest bank in the Nordics.
The Data & Analytics team is responsible for driving GIA's data analytics strategy and assisting auditors with complex data analyses. The D&A team also conducts audits of data management and machine learning solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Driving key actions and contribute to the execution of Group Internal Audit's data analytics strategy
- Providing data analytics services to audit teams: participating in audits as a data expert, advising on data governance and quality issues, performing data extraction and cleansing, conducting complex data analyses
- Developing new data analytics techniques (incl. using machine learning) useful for audit such as outlier detection and analysis, text mining, network analysis, etc.
- Developing and maintain data knowledge and expertise on key data assets in Nordea
- Contributing to the development of data analytics capabilities and to the change in mindset (incl. training & awareness sessions, advocating the use of data analytics)
- Driving innovation and challenging the way we work
The role is based in Warsaw.
You will be part of the D&A team located in Copenhagen, Oslo and Helsinki. Minimal travelling is expected. Group Internal Audit prioritizes use of technology to facilitate efficient and flexible working. This means that although you will work with colleagues around Nordics, travel is kept at family and environmentally friendly levels. A very high degree of collaboration is expected, especially within the team.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Master's degree in a quantitative subject such as mathematics, computer science, statistics or related field
- At least 2 to 3 years of work experience in a data analytics role, including applying machine learning techniques to real-world problems
- Proficiency with SQL, Python and visualization tools
- Familiarity with data governance and data quality
- Strong collaborative skills and strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with senior professionals
- Pragmatic, innovative and self-starter
- High ethical standards with demonstrated integrity, tact, and diplomacy
- Experience within risk management, audit or controls in the financial industry is a plus
- Fluency in English
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 6 April 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GPDR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.