Cloud DevOps Engineer/SRE, Warsaw/Gdańsk
We are looking for energetic and experienced people that want to engage in the cloud services brought to Nordea Bank. This is an opportunity for you to take part in a project that will bring new technologies to the way we work with infrastructure.
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced, agile environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital. We all have a role in building the best bank that serves our customers’ changing needs – through innovative solutions, collaboration and partnering with fintechs.
Are you ready to embark on a learning journey where we lead the way and push the limits in transforming the future of banking?
Your future responsibilities
In the Site Reliability Engineering team, part of Common Technology Application Operations we are responsible for supporting the organization with engineering solutions. We work towards simplification, harmonization and automation, along with building and maintaining scalable and reliable services. We need you to help us design and build Infrastructure as a Code solutions across the bank.
Our team is spread across Denmark, Finland and Poland, supporting both the application development and application operations teams across Common Technology with the below services being the core:
- Application Monitoring and Event Management
- Release Engineering
- Automation of manual operation tasks
- Configuration Management
- Continuous Delivery and Integration
- Infrastructure Scalability and Robustness
- Open source governance
- Service Design, Service Transition and Service Operation
- Part of our daily work is to use and maintain development, continuous delivery/integration and application operations toolset. Continuously investigating new technologies is what we also spend our time on. Building new solutions used across the bank is what we take pride in.
- Our working methodology is a “3 – Angle” model through which we deliver new solutions through our “Factory”, we operate our tools in production through our Service and Self-Service Desks and we provide “hands on” support and “on boarding” to our platform.
- We work Agile combining Scrum and Kanban and we are always open to new ideas and innovation.
- We are looking for an energetic, innovative and service minded Site Reliability Engineer who is thinking outside the box, who is technology savvy, gets pleasure through automation and enjoys challenges. Being a self-starter, ambitious and curious person are strong assets.
- What you will be doing:
- Ensure high availability, resiliency, scalability and capacity utilization of the applications while working closely with the development teams
- Enhance the application monitoring and self-healing capabilities of the applications
- Work closely with the rest in the SRE team on improving the applications from an operational perspective, achieving automation and efficiency
- Perform deployments for new releases using CI/DC pipelines
- Constantly update the KMS ensuring that it is of high quality and consistent
- Work on eliminating the “toil” on operations tasks
- Daily and proactive support of the new technical foundation business critical applications in production
- Support the troubleshooting, incident and problem management processes
- Perform “on call” duty outside office hours as the resiliency and business criticality classification of the applications, requires 24/7 support (The estimated “on call” ratio is one week every five weeks and the compensation is very competitive.)
- Work closely with business and development on application roadmaps
- Define and automatically monitor and report on SLAs, SLOs, SLIs, MTTR and Error Budget
- Work on improvements on the CI/CD capabilities of the applications
- Become an ambassador and influencer on the SRE Model, Adoption and Tenets
- Make continuous service improvement a habit
The role is based in Warsaw or Gdańsk.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- You hold a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- You have at least 3 years’ work experience as an SRE or DevOps preferably at a large organization, supporting the design and operation of business-critical applications
- Experience in supporting clients is desired, as well as troubleshooting, incident and problem management
- Experience working with Scrum and/or Kanban is an advantage
- Experience with at least one of the following: TypeScript, Angular, Python, Go or Shell-Scripting, Oracle and/or PostgreSQL
- Experience with Linux, Infrastructure as a Code approach (Terraform) and Cloud infrastructure (ex. Azure, Google Cloud, AWS)
- Experience with at least four of the below technologies and tools:
- Containerization (Docker, OpenShift)
- no-sql databases (Mongo DB)
- event streaming platforms (Kafka)
- automation tooling (Ansible, Salt)
- service discovery (Consul)
- continuous integration/delivery (Bitbucket, Artifactory, Bamboo, TeamCity, Jenkins),
- log aggregation (Splunk, ELK)
- Experience working with APIs achieving automation and interoperability
- Experience with setting up and testing of failover instances complemented with relevant documentation (TRRDs), data modelling and user guides
- Experience in application monitoring (Prometheus/Grafana) and application self-healing best practises
- Experience with distributed systems and microservices is an advantage
- Experience with Service Level Management and reporting (SLAs, SLOs, SLIs, Error Budgets) is an advantage
- Experience with operational readiness assessments is an advantage
- ITIL foundation certificate is an advantage
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
As a benefit you will receive:
- Possibility to increase your knowledge and skills (external and internal trainings, Udemy)
- Stable employment conditions in international environment
- Cafeteria benefits plan (life insurance, retirement program, sport card, private health care, cinema tickets, annual profit sharing)
- Agile project approach
- Challenging tasks? Yes, with enough time to add automation so we don’t do them all-over and over again
- On site and remote work capability (split model)
Atnordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 31 May 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GPDR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.