Internal Audit Manager, Model Risk, Warsaw
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Enabling great customer experiences requires a team that leads the way in creating first-class service and operations. Passionate people who are eager to learn and committed to doing their best.
That’s where you come in. Working with skilled international teams in a bright, modern office, you’ll provide invaluable support to our Nordic business areas. The pace is quick, the atmosphere lively and collaborative.
There are plenty of opportunities for you to learn and grow as you build your career with us. Will you help us lead the way in becoming the best bank we can be?
Your future responsibilities
As an Internal Audit Manager within Model Risk team, you’ll be responsible for auditing the key models, including credit risk (IRB), counterparty credit risk (IMM) and market risk models (IMA) in line with ECB expectations establishing whether Nordea is following these key regulations.
In addition, you will need to develop good stakeholder and team relationships as part of this role and work in a strong and technical audit team within the Risk and Finance team.
Group Internal Audit (GIA) is an independent function, supporting the Nordea Group Board and Group Executive Management in protecting the assets, reputation and sustainability of the largest bank in the Nordics.
Model Risk team within GIA is responsible for providing audit assurance over controls covering end-to-end model lifecycle, including model governance, model development, implementation, monitoring and independent model validation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to the execution of Group Internal Audit’s strategy
- Perform audits assessing Nordea’s governance, risk management and control processes
- Contribute to the delivery of GIA’s project portfolio
- Act as Auditor in Charge in some audit projects
- Contribute to continuous risk assessments to direct assurance activities towards the significant risk areas
You will be part of the audit team located in Copenhagen and Stockholm. Some travelling is expected. Group Internal Audit prioritizes use of technology to facilitate efficient, flexible working. This means that although you will work with colleagues around Nordics, travel is kept at family and environmentally friendly levels.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of model development or model validation techniques covering (any combination): credit risk, market risk, pricing, stress testing funding or liquidity models
- Strong understanding of end-to-end model lifecycle (e.g. model development, implementation, validation, monitoring)
- Practical understanding of relevant regulatory environment, including model risk management best practices
- Strong collaborative skills and strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with senior professionals
- High ethical standards with demonstrated integrity, tact, and diplomacy
- University degree in a quantitative subject such as Math, Physics, Economics or Finance would be a strong advantage
- Experience within the Internal Audit is a plus
- Fluency in English
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 6 April 2019.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Counil of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GPDR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.