SRE Team Lead, Warszawa
We are looking for an SRE Team Lead, you will have an exciting Leading Others position in the Cloud division of a global bank. You will form and lead a team of SREs, which will grow in terms of members, capabilities and responsibilities in the coming years.
You will have a leading role in our engineering transformation, working with innovative technologies and concepts across the bank, to enable a future core competitive environment. Moreover, you will have an important role on shaping and implementing our Site Reliability Engineering and Cloud adoption strategies and be part of a talented leadership team.
If it sounds interesting to you, we look forward to welcome you in a team, which promotes ideation, creativity, innovation and visionary leadership. Moreover, we reward high performers who make a difference and build superior value for our business units and Nordea’s clients.
It is our ambition to reach the point that we master the SRE concept and we want you to be part of a super-exciting journey.
Your future responsibilities
What you’ll be doing:
- Form and lead a highly efficient and innovative team of Site Reliability Engineers
- Follow a model of 70% leadership/management – 30% hands-on engineering
- Lead an SRE implementation within your organization
- Work towards enabling “autonomous operations”
- Keep a balance between innovation and stability
- Ensure a strong focus on engineering and innovation
- Ensure front to back accountability of the services supported by your team
- Make continual service improvements an “engineering habit”
- Work closely on strategic initiatives with your leadership peers in SRE Capabilities and Cloud
- Work close with a range of stakeholders, ensuring full alignment across the delivery chain
- Deliver on our KPIs and meet the financial targets of your unit
- Constantly be updated on the latest technologies, trends and practises
- Provide coaching and performance assessment of your reports, and hold them accountable for their performance and deliveries
- Create a strong culture and mentality in your team, by raising the bar and ambitions
The role is based in Warsaw and involves travels to Denmark and Finland at least once a quarter for a few days.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your preferred profile and background:
- At least 3 years’ experience on a leadership position in a mid-size team, ideally within a financial services organization
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or similar
- Advanced studies, like an MBA or PhD are a strong advantage but not prerequisite
- A strong and technology/engineering oriented background
- You combine qualities of transformational, intrapreneurial and visionary leadership
- You have experience with SRE and ideally have built SRE teams from the scratch
- Hands on experience with Linux, CI/CD, automation scripting, configuration management, containers and Cloud technologies
- Knowledge on open source and cloud native tools, technologies and services
- You can naturally link SRE with DevOps, SDLC, Cloud, IT Operations, ITIL and Chaos Engineering
- You can keep the big picture while you keep yourself busy with engineering tasks
- Concepts like: real time monitoring, release engineering, scalability, self-healing, APIs, service discovery, SLOs, production readiness assessments, autonomous systems are your passion
- A successful record on tactical automation of manual interventions
- ITIL foundation and a good knowledge of IT operations processes (IPC, SLM etc) is a necessity
- Strong people, coaching, mentoring and communication skills
As a person you are/have:
- Energized, ambitious and curious
- “Can do” attitude and you make it happen
- Creative and innovative with strong problem-solving skills
- Striving towards excellence while continuously raising the bar
- Client comes first mentality
- Interest by nature on the latest technological trends
- You support your ideas and decisions with constructive and solid arguments
- Strong focus on your personal development
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team, where we promote ideation, creativity, innovation and visionary leadership. Moreover, we reward high performers who make a difference and build superior value for our business units and Nordea’s clients.
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 28 February 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GPDR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.