Java Developer, Gdańsk
We are looking for a Java Developer to Nordea Trading Technology. This is an opportunity for you to use the latest IT technology and create applications for trading business.
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital.
More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
You’ll join WBO Distribution Components, where we deliver foundational IT components for Nordea’s operations on capital markets. We work closely with Wholesale Banking Operations who is the main consumer of our services.
We are the team developing systems for confirmations and statements sent to customers, for cash settlements, for maintaining counterparty data, and for maintaining payment positions in global currencies. Some of our systems are the backbone of the bank’s operations and each improvement you bring to the table translates into more efficient execution of business processes.
What you'll be doing:
- Join the team enhancing and growing Nordea’s cash settlement system and the liquidity management system – enabling fundamental processes in the trading business. Both components need to be expanded to support growing business needs with upcoming major upgrades to utilise latest frameworks and libraries and expansions of business functionality
- Be challenged to develop scalable, efficient, but also reliable, and testable Java code - your code will be powering one of business-critical systems at Nordea and our business will depend on it
- Work in agile team in which you will have opportunities to: use best-practices, share your knowledge with colleagues, join communities of practice
- Learn about banking on capital markets, cash settlement and clearing of currency trades. You will have full access to business stakeholders being able to discuss, challenge and optimise requirements
- Perform code reviews, code inspections and work on assuring that code quality is on excellent level
- Have solid foundations and conditions to invest in: automation of testing and builds, code integration and deployment tasks
The role is based in Gdansk, Poland. Welcome to an international team spread across Denmark and Poland. We offer lots of opportunities for you to grow both professionally and personally.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Minimum three years of work experience with Java and experience in several of following frameworks and technologies: Spring Data, Spring Boot, Spring Security, XML, MQ, Kafka, Webservice. REST, JSON
- Practical knowledge of: SQL, PL-SQL, Oracle SQL Developer and Oracle databases
- Being an enthusiast of development tools: Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Git, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Maven, Gradle, jUnit, Weblogic, SonarQube
- Being a fast-learner and a problem-solver
- Experience in building enterprise software with highly available production, automated or semi-automated build process, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Very good level of English
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GPDR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.