Chief Business Risk Manager to Global Business Risk Implementation and Support (GBRIS), Łódź
We are looking for a Chief Business Risk Manager to Global Business Risk Implementation and Support (GBRIS). This is an opportunity for you to join Global BRIS, which is focused on enhancing Nordea’s capabilities to manage non-financial risks (operational and compliance risks). Global BRIS will be instrumental in taking risk culture in Nordea to the next level, and by being fully integrated with our business partners we will create sustainable resilience and proactive risk management.
Enabling great customer experiences requires a team that leads the way in creating first-class service and operations. Passionate people who are eager to learn and committed to doing their best.
That’s where you come in. Working with skilled international teams in a bright, modern office, you’ll provide invaluable support to our Nordic business areas. The pace is quick, the atmosphere lively and collaborative.
There are plenty of opportunities for you to learn and grow as you build your career with us. Will you help us lead the way in becoming the best bank we can be?
Your future responsibilities
You will be the strategic business partner for the Nordea Service Centre and you will play an integral role in providing the expertise necessary to support the business with their non-financial risk management needs.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide a holistic risk view to support the business in daily risk management
- Manage the non-financial risk forum
- Manage, control and report on non-financial risk to ensure adequate and proactive risk management
- Coordinate risk related processes and implementation of e.g. new regulation or mitigating actions
- Advice, train and support managers and employees in non-financial business risk matters to increase risk awareness
- Act as a trusted advisor on risk management for the business
- Support the business in enhancing the risk and compliance culture
The role is based in Lodz.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Great analytical skills and the ability to apply them to risk, key risk reporting, analytics, and control designs
- Ability to create and follow through on strategy for implementing Risk Frameworks
- People and stakeholder management skills to provide partnership and commercial insight with divisional teams, while aligning with fellow BRIS teams and the 2nd line of defence
- Proactive, able to manage multiple tasks, execution oriented, very well organized, with a structured approach and well-developed co-operation skills
- Work independently, conducting analyses and assessments and drafting proposals based on these, while contributing to a great team performance
- Understand internal controls frameworks
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to effectively create influence with your interactions
- Significant experience within the risk management and/or from the relevant Business Area.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience working with regulatory requirements and practices around business risk management
- Minimum of 5-10 years of working experience, also in projects
- University degree or equivalent experience (Relevant certification such as ICA, ACAMS or related qualifications will be an advantage)
- Excellent knowledge of English
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 28 February 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.