Senior Java Developer (TradeHub), Gdańsk
We are looking for a Senior Java developer to work in Core Technology division in Nordea Trading Technology. This is an opportunity for you to join our team (Core Services & Market Risk IT ) of professionals who work to deliver high quality, mission critical, large scale platforms for streaming applications.
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital.
More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
What you'll be doing:
- Building realtime systems to publish and to consume data to Kafka, developing APIs, and interacting with schema-less and schema-driven databases
- Developing highly resilient systems with automatic failover and backend service, deployment and monitoring solutions
- Helping internal users use the systems you build
- Showing independence, with general instructions on new assignments and little instruction on day-to-day work
- Influencing the activities of junior level personnel
- Networking with internal and external personnel in your area of expertise
The role is based in Gdansk. Welcome to a team where people are the most important and work is not only a place to go!
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Bachelor's Degree/ Master's Degree - preferably in the area of Engineering or Computer Science
- Must have strong business and system analysis skills and a track record for driving Engineering process improvement with effective results
- More than five years of experience with Enterprise software tools, web development and integration working experience as a full stack developer in on-premise infrastructure
- Solid development skills using, but not limited to Java, JSON, XML
- Solid understanding of MongoDB (or other NoSQL databases) and Oracle (or other relational databases)
- Working experience with API based web integrations (e.g. RESTful APIs, gRPC, Thrift)
- In depth knowledge of Windows and Linux systems administration including automated configuration and orchestration across systems
- Familiarity with version control, artifact management, and build tools (Gradle, Git, Artifactory, Bitbucket and other similar tools)
- Familiarity with configuration management and containerization tools such as Ansible, Docker, Docker Compose, Kubernetes
- Cross functional partnership & leadership skills
- Strategic thinking, strong written, oral and presentation skills
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Counil of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GPDR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.