OBIEE Site Reliability Engineer, Gdańsk
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to support our Trading and Risk domain. This is an opportunity for you to be further involved into the support of more reporting applications but also ETL technologies (IBM InfoSphere DataStage).
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital.
More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence SRE/Application Operations team (part of Wholesale Banking technology unit), where we are tasked with the responsibility of supporting a range of reporting (OBIEE and in-house developed) and ETL application (IBM InfoSphere DataStage) on production. We work towards simplification, engineering and automation along with maintaining scalable and reliable services towards a great customer experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Daily and proactive support of the OBIEE platform from a technical, administrative and user support perspective
- Ensure the high availability, resiliency, scalability and capacity utilization of the application while working closely with the development teams
- Support the troubleshooting, incident and problem management processes
- Enhance the application monitoring and self-healing capabilities of the applications
- Work closely with the rest of the team members on improving the applications from an operational perspective, achieving automation and efficiency
- Perform deployments for new releases
- Constantly update the KMS ensuring that it is of high quality and consistent
- Perform platform upgrades
- Work on eliminating the “toil/manual” work on operations tasks
- Work with proactive capacity planning and ensure that we meet the SLAs and MTTR KPIs
Our team consists of 3 team members and is located in Gdansk, Poland working closely with the development teams in the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence area and also with several business units across Wholesale Banking.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- You hold a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- You have at least 3 years’ work experience as Application Support/ Operations Engineer/ SRE or DevOps preferably at a large organization, supporting the design and operation of business-critical applications
- Experience working with Scrum and/or Kanban
- Solid experience working with Oracle Business Intelligence 11g / 12c (Installing, Administration, Performance tuning)
- Deep understanding of Oracle WebLogic Server functionality
- Experience working with IBM InfoSphere DataStage (Managing Director/Designer/Manager etc., Expertise in troubleshooting)
- Familiarity with #!/bin/sh and unix-like systems (RedHat, AIX) and advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience in creating batch scripts (*.bat/*.cmd) as well as with Linux, Windows Server 2008 and higher
- Hands on experience in *.xml
Knowledge on some of the below technologies will be an asset:
- Artifactory, Bamboo, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Ansible Tower and App Dynamics
- Experience in setting up and testing of failover instances complemented with relevant documentation (TRRDs)
- Experience in creating high quality documentation, data modelling and user guides
- Experience in application monitoring and application self-healing best practises
- Experience in troubleshooting, incident and problem management
- ITIL foundation certificate is an advantage
- A natural appetite to improve, simplify and automate
- A strong team playing and proactive spirit
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 10 March 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.