Team Leader SRE/DevOps, Gdańsk
We are looking for a Team lead for our FRC Java DevOps/SRE team. This is an opportunity for you to have an exciting Leading Others position in the Trading Technology division of a global bank, where we manage the daily operations for the Application Management function. As a Team Lead for Application Operation area you’ll be responsible for coordinating day to day work as well as automations / improvements activities which are currently in the backlog. You will also have a chance to get your hands dirty with technical stuff!
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital.
More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
Your future responsibilities
In Application Operations, we are the technical subject matter experts on all application-related aspects of designing, testing, operating and improving IT services. We are working with Docker containers, Apache spark cluster, Java applications, Apache tomcat platform, Oracle databases, Git repositories, Bash/Python/PowerShell scripting, Windows and Linux operating systems. You are responsible for operating the IT organization's applications and for ensuring operational stability.
You will be a leading person responsible for sharing, advising, and educating others on sound design principles related to reliable operations and deployment of our software, and working closely with members of the infrastructure, Business and Development teams - you will facilitate top-notch delivery and support of services.
You will also be driving initiatives within the team that will help us on the path of Continual Service Improvement (CSI). You will have a leading role in the transformation for your area, working with innovative technologies and concepts across the bank. We are on a digitalization journey, and as a leader you will be tasked to transform IT Operations towards a DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) approach.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinating team activities
- Acting as escalation point in terms of any issues
- Planning strategy as well as team budget
- Provide ongoing support and improvement of applications and services
- Manage technical integrity, upgrades, releases and deployments of the applications
- Ensure updated application documentation in the CMDB and Knowledge Management System (KMS).
- Identify candidates for automation, and ensure it’s implemented
- Manage relationships with business and IT peers
The role is based in Gdańsk, Poland. We welcome you to an energetic, young team that generates great momentum from collaboration, passion and drive for continually improving our customer experience.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- At least 4 years’ experience on a leadership position in a mid-size team, ideally within a financial services organization
- Well organized
- Eager to learn and follow new technologies
- Experience in or understanding Devops/SRE frameworks
- Strong analytical skills
- Operating System knowledge (Windows, Linux, Unix)
- ITIL and/or knowledge of processes
- SQL knowledge (Oracle/PLSQL)
- Knowledge and practical experience of event monitoring
- Talent for proactive problem solving
Not required, but nice to have:
- Scripting or development knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of banking industry, especially trading and risk domain
As a person you are/have:
- Energized and ambitious
- “Can do” attitude and you make it happen
- Creative and innovative with strong problem-solving skills
- Curious and interest on understanding and fulfilling business requirements
- Striving towards excellence while continuously raising the bar
- "Client comes first” mentality
- Interest by nature on the latest technological trends
- You support your ideas and decisions with constructive and solid arguments
- Ability to think differently and outside the box
- Strong focus on your personal development
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 18 April 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition which handles everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.