Database Expert, Gdańsk
We are looking for a Database Expert. This is an opportunity for you to maintain, develop and improve complex databases environment and perform data loads and optimize our Common Data Warehouse.
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced, agile environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital. We all have a role in building the best bank that serves our customers’ changing needs – through innovative solutions, collaboration and partnering with fintechs.
Are you ready to embark on a learning journey where we lead the way and push the limits in transforming the future of banking?
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join Banking Technology - Specialized Technology Platforms, where we are performing and executing Data Warehouse administrator requests for Nordea's Common Data Warehouse (CDW).
The CDW is a common repository for all banking book data within Nordea, with users across GCC (Group Treasury, Group Capital and Group Finance), as well as Retail. Our task in Data Warehousing team is to run and manage Common Data Warehouse platform, development and management of framework (source control, continuous integration and delivery), Platform security and performance, Common Master Data team and delivery management. Besides Data Warehousing, we are responsible for delivering the ETL development capability on the platform, through Data Warehousing Development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Handling Application DBA requests for Nordea's Common data warehouse development environment on a day to day basis
- Perform data loads and optimize data for extraction and reporting use
- Participate in design data management systems, implement schemas, storage architectures and access rights
- Maintain complex databases by performing appropriate database management functions to ensure optimum capacity and application performance
- Assist with ETL jobs and transformations to populate a data warehouse
The role is based in Gdańsk. Welcome to an energetic team that generates great momentum from collaboration.
This is a diverse team in every aspect. We come from all parts of the world and work together to deliver state of the art Common Data Warehouse development environments.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Teradata DBA administration and implementation (4+ year) or at least DBA warehouse administration and implementation (5+ years)
- Knowledge in Physical Data Modelling (1+ year)
- SQL Performance Tuning and Optimization (2+ years)
- Agile and ITIL way of working experience
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed international teams
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or Engineering or experience working within an IT organization
- Fluent in English language, both spoken and written
- Managerial skills and experience will be an asset
- Excellent debugging, problem solving and basic testing skills
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 19 January 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.