Application Operations Engineer, Copenhagen or Gdansk
We are looking for a skilled and motivated IT professional to provide 2nd level support for a variety of applications. This is an opportunity for you to become a bridge between members of the Infrastructure, Business and Development teams and to facilitate top-notch delivery and support of our services. You will also participate in the transformation of IT Operations towards a DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) approach.
You will work for a team where you support wide range of Market and Credit Risk applications. You will also have the opportunity to learn exciting technologies like Grid and Cloud computing, Docker infrastructure, Rest services, Consul and many more.
Working with skilled and international teams in a fast-paced agile environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital and help us in our path towards automation. We all have a role in building the best bank that serves our customers’ changing needs – through innovative solutions and collaborating with other teams within the bank. Are you ready to embark on a learning journey where we lead the way and push the limits in transforming the future of banking?
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join a team where we are responsible for support, maintenance, deployment and automation of variety of applications. As a “run the bank” organization we make sure that IT services and applications work today and continue to work in the future.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing 2nd level support and assist in 3rd level support requests (working with developers)
- Investigations and analysis of incidents and problems
- Manage upgrades, releases and deployments of the applications
- Perform administrative operations in managed systems as requested by business or IT to maintain the systems
- Be available for on-call rotation to work on any major incidents occurring outside normal working hours
- Work with Infrastructure and Development teams to implement and control quality and reliable batch applications supporting internal and external customers
- Maintain our servers (Windows and Linux)
- Being proactively involved in improvements and optimizations to our applications and infrastructure (including database optimizations)
The role is based in Copenhagen or Gdansk area. We welcome you to a very skilled and friendly team where we support world-wide financial applications. Our team is very diverse with a mix of nationalities, experience levels and competencies.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Fluent English
- Great communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proactive attitude and general interest in IT
- Windows and Linux infrastructure (Linux server administration and scripting, e.g. Phyton)
- Familiarity with logging and monitoring tools such as Splunk, Grafana, AppDynamix
- Good command of SQL language
- Incident, change and problem management tools (Atlassian tools, Remedy)
- Familiarity with ITIL best practices (certification is a plus)
- Good to have: familiarity with technologies such as Docker, Ansible and container orchestrators (Kubernetes, Openshift)
If this sounds like you, get in touch!