Technical Support Engineer, Gdańsk
We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer to be responsible for supporting DataWarehouse platform. This is an opportunity for you to to become a bridge between members of the infrastructure, Business and Development teams to facilitate top-notch delivery and support of services.
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced, agile environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital. We all have a role in building the best bank that serves our customers’ changing needs – through innovative solutions, collaboration and partnering with fintechs.
Are you ready to embark on a learning journey where we lead the way and push the limits in transforming the future of banking?
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join Technology and Operational Support Application team, where we are responsible for support, maintenance, deployment and automation of variety of application. As a “run the bank” organization we make sure that IT services work today and continue to work in the future.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing database administration, support and maintenece
- Troubleshooting , incident investigation, provide root cause analyses (RCA)
- Provide support for ongoing projects and changes
- Monitoring proactively, patch management
- Provide support for optimization, data analysis and database tuning
- Participate in “front-line” on-call support
- Performs planned Disaster Recovery Plan tests and database restores.
- Diagnosing and resolving data and system issues to ensure warehouse usability for the consumers of the warehouse data
The role is based in Gdańsk.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Experience with SQL and DataWarehouse
- Understanding of databases, infrastructure and application layer elements preferably from bank or financial institution
- Technology-oriented background would be an advantage
- Experience with big data, machine learning, and distributed computing frameworks is a plus (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
- Experience with Oracle Business Intelligence Applications (OBIA)
- Experience with Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence (BI) Solution
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 19 January 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.