Data Analyst in Anti Money Laundering, Nordea Estonia
Come join the dynamic fight against international financial crime using the latest technologies and processes in a leading financial institution!
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfills a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To protect our customers and society, we dedicate our best minds and latest technologies to stop money laundering, financing of terrorism, bribery and corruption and other financial crimes by denying the criminals access to the banking system.
Our scope is international, as we are the leading bank in the Nordic region with activities around the world, and we must be always up to date on the lookout for new threats and proactive responses. The task is exciting and
intellectually rewarding. Are you up to the challenge?
We are looking for Data Analysts for the AML team in GFCP (Group Financial Crime Prevention), responsible for developing and optimizing automated transaction monitoring controls for the entire Nordea Group. The position includes data science tasks as well as quantitative work in producing business-oriented results.
- Access to complex and distributed legacy systems and datasets;
- Quantitative data analysis of transactional datasets;
- Statistical analysis of the performance of anti-money laundering automated controls;
- Simulation and optimization of existing scenarios;
- User acceptance testing of scenarios.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the stakeholders’ needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
You have a passion for data and quantitative analysis, you can access databases and write your own scripts and to perform all kinds of numerical and statistical analysis including machine learning methods. To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the stakeholders’ needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
- Experience working in data science, analysis, simulation and optimization;
- At least intermediate professional level of tools such as Excel, VBA, SQL, R,
- Additional experience with Python, Hadoop and User Acceptance Testing are desired;
- Academic degree in highly quantitative discipline or specialization such as Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Computer Science.
- Experience of Agile way of working would be a bonus for our team (SAFe or Scrum approach).