DevOps Environment Specialist, Gdańsk
We are looking for a DevOps Environments Specialist to build and to develop proper environments for developers and testers. This is an opportunity for you to work closely with development team to build stable, scalable and reliable environement / infrastructure for different applications.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital.
More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
You’ll join Wholesale Banking Operations (WBO) Reporting Technology Team, responsible for Regulatory, Collateral, Tax and Backoffice Reporting. We are a high-performing team, setting high-standards and you have the ability and willingness to learn and grow together with the unit.
What you’ll be doing:
- Proactively drive and improve the infrastructure setup supporting our applications
- Provide technical support to developers on non-production environments based on various platforms (e.g. Windows, Linux, Oracle database, etc.)
- Install, configuring and operating server-side software ensuring highly reliable IT infrastructure in alignment with Nordea’s standards
- Maintenance, patching and hardening of IT infrastructure components, ensuring the most optimal and secure IT infrastructure
- Participate in disaster recovery planning, rightsizing of servers, and other activities required to secure operational stability
- Create automation scripts (for example auto-deployments)
- Contact to vendors on engineering level
- Documentation of infrastructure and environment settings
- Create new and optimize existing procedures
- Participate in the hand-over process and knowledge sharing with other teams
- Cooperation with Application Operations team (team responsible for pre-production and production servers)
The role is based in Gdańsk, but you might be also required to travel to Nordic countries (mainly Denmark).
Welcome to a team where you will work closely with the developers and solution architects to build and develop the best possible infrastructure setup for our applications. You will also be responsible for upgrading our non-production environments when new versions of vendor software are available, and you will together with vendors and internal stakeholders plan a smooth roll out to production systems. Our team is focused on quality and delivery - supporting others in working smart. We are focused on simplification.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job
- You a relevant IT education and at least 3 years of experience in above areas
- You are Independent, self-driven personality, with strong desire to do things in the right way
- You have experience with Windows and Linux server configuration and scripting as well as good knowledge on Oracle databases and SQL
- You have experience with Docker environments, Virtualisation and Cloud will be an advantage
- You have experience in writing technical documentation
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken)
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 1 March 2019.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GPDR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.