Junior/Mid/Senior BigData Applications Support Engineer, Gdynia/Warsaw
We are looking for a BigData Applications Support Engineer responsible for delivering and supporting Nordea Bank’s applications working in Hadoop eco-system (currently Cloudera). This is an opportunity for you to operate and maintain various Big Data applications in both pre-production and production environments.
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced, agile environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital. We all have a role in building the best bank that serves our customers’ changing needs – through innovative solutions, collaboration and partnering with fintechs.
Are you ready to embark on a learning journey where we lead the way and push the limits in transforming the future of banking?
Your future responsibilities
You’ll join Common Platforms, where we create means of delivering next generation data to our business partners within Nordea. Production Assurance team is implementing and supporting the process where trusted data are delivered to all Nordea stakeholders in an accurate and timely manner. In Production Assurance team, you’ll face complex deployments to be released and incidents to be solved within defined Service Level Agreements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing L2/L3 Support including 24x7 on-call duty
- Deploying software changes in production environment, often out of business hours
- Liaising with other application support and internal/external business/technical partners
- Prompt escalating critical issues and proactively identifying patterns of recurring issues to improve production
- Problem resolution and conducting root cause analysis and establishing processes that will help incident prevention
The role is based in Gdynia/Warsaw. Welcome to a team where continuous learning is a virtue. Depending on a level of your expertise in Big Data Application Support, you’ll be assigned a Junior, Mid or Senior role for this job.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Solid SQL databases background
- Experience with Linux environment (at least RHCSA - comparable level)
- Bash, Python or any other scripting language experience is required
- DevOps automation tools (Ansible, Jenkins) is a plus
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability in working with distributed global teams
- Solid grounding in Financial Service would be an advantage
Here’s the highlights of what you will gain by joining the Nordea Data Engineering team:
- Full time position with flexible work schedule and working from home office
- Access to the latest high-tech solutions and opportunity to specialize in other technologies
- Exciting projects in your own responsibility with diverse challenges
- Wonderful team spirit and a great working atmosphere in a friendly, international team
- An incentive package that includes a medical services package for you and your family
- Access to Employee Pension and life insurance Scheme
- Relocation package option
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 5 January 2019.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.