BigData Engineer, Gdynia/Warsaw
Workplace: Gdynia or Warsaw, Poland
Wanted: BigData Engineers!
You want: To join a team, where continuous learning is a virtue and you either already are an expert on Big Data and Scala or you are looking to become an expert.
We are: On a mission of simplifying and transforming our business and IT landscape and we need you to join our international team of BigData Engineers, to build our next core data platforms.
You will be working in Nordea’s Data Platform Engineering team as a BigData Engineer. Here you’ll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to be a key part of designing and building Nordea’s next core data platforms. As a BigData Engineer you will develop, maintain, test and evaluate BigData solutions within Nordea’s next generation BigData Platform.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building distributed and highly parallelized BigData processing pipeline which process massive amount of data (both structured and unstructured) in near real-time
- Leverage Spark to enrich and transform corporate data to enable searching, data visualization, and advanced analytics
- Work closely with DevOps, QA and Product Management teams in a Continuous Delivery environment
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
You should have:
- Experience in Scala or Java/Spark (and willingness to learn Scala)
- Knowledge of
- Hadoop stack: YARN, MR, Sqoop, Hive
- Hands on development experience with Jenkins or Bamboo, JIRA, Bitbucket and Git/Stash
Ideally you also have:
- Experience in implementing data security capabilities such as encryption and anonymization
- Excellent communication skills and experience with distributed global teams
- Data driven thinking capabilities
- Experience in using Agile methods
- Solid grounding in Financial Service
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Don’t hesitate to apply! Remember we have made a wish list of skills, we build robots, but we hire people!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank AB S.A. Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank AB S.A. Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank AB S.A. Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.