Java Software Engineer, Gdynia
We are looking for Java developers to IT projects in banking business.
This is an opportunity for you to become a member of team focused on using the latest IT technology and creating modern applications for banking services.
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital.
More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
About the project:
Join our great team today and help us build one of our largest and business critical applications that serves 25.000 users at their daily work in Nordic region! This is a unique opportunity to use Java and experiment with new ideas, you can use many libreries for building components, introduce totally new features and work with different components.
We love to participate in Scrum meetings and share our ideas across countries with our colleages from Denmark and Poland.
Together with our test managers, testers, and a team of analysts and architects, we provide the best solutions for our customers to make their life easier and create totally unique digital experiences.
What you’ll be doing?
- Developing and presenting new features for the application in close collaboration with internal customers
- Sharing your technical expertise on various application components (including GUI)
- Being part of the work related to our releases (preparing and monitoring releases)
- Analysing tasks together with architects and analysts for future development
You are invited to:
- Code in Java and push your code to GIT repository
- Use development tools which you expect to use in development process. Part of them are mentioned later on.
- Work in and Agile team in which you will have opportunities to: Use best-practices, share your knowledge with colleagues, join communities of practice
- Perform code reviews, code inspections and work on assuring code quality on excellent level
- Have solid foundations and conditions to invest in: Automation of builds, code integration and deployment tasks for your projects
The role is based in Gdynia.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Java (several years of experience on commercial market is required)
- Willigness to learn and use Java Swing library and many other Java features
- Knowledge of Eclipse, GIT / Bamboo / Jenkins
- Practical knowledge of Oracle: SQL and PL-SQL and databases
- Fluency in English
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 20 December 2018.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.