Team Leader in Java Applications, Gdynia
We are looking for an IT Team Leader in Java Applications Development team. This is an opportunity for you to take the next step in your managerial career building up our new IT organization covering IT development competencies.
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital.
More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
Application Development, as a part of Software Engineering, is the engine of our future digital power house building the solutions that change the bank by balancing innovation with existing legacy. We create the best front-end and back-end solutions for our customers, demonstrating the right mix of quality, innovation and fun, balanced with the right cost, location, schedule and effort.
What you'll be doing:
- Improving Banking Technology's capability, e.g.: planning and executing uplift inside your capability
- Driving continuous improvement and best practices within as well as across the teams
- Understanding and addressing IT skills needs in the team
- Making and implementing operational plans and setting targets for the team as well as for each employee.
- Providing timely and well-documented feedback, coaching and performance assessment
- Handling risk issues and ensuring compliance with regulatory and governance requirements
- Participating in task forces and workstreams to change and improve the organisation, tools and processes
The role is based in Gdynia. We design, build and unit test (both functional and non-functional) of our systems & services towards our customers, supporting bi-modal IT: systems of engagement through agile working and systems of record through dependable working.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- Educational background relevant to Bachelor’s/Master's degree or the equivalent experience
- Several years of leadership experience within an IT company
- Very good level of English
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Good knowledge about application development, mainly related to Java technologies
- Excellent communication skills
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 15 December 2018.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.