DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer, Gdańsk
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer. This is an opportunity for you to support the organisation with engineering solutions.
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital.
More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
You’ll join Site Reliability Engineering team, where we work towards simplification, harmonisation and automation, along with building and maintaining scalable and reliable services.
Our team is spread across Denmark and Poland. We support both the application development and application operations teams across Trading Technology with the below services being the core:
- Application Monitoring and Event Management
- Release Engineering
- Automation of manual operation tasks
- Configuration Management
- Continuous Delivery and Integration
- Infrastructure Scalability and Robustness
- Open source governance
- Service Design, Service Transition and Service Operation
Part of our daily work is to use and maintain development, continuous delivery, integration and application operations toolset. Continuously investigating new technologies is what we also spend our time on.
Our working methodology is a “3 – Angle” model through which we deliver new solutions through our “Factory”, we operate our tools in production through our Service and Self-Service Desks and we provide “hands on” support and “on boarding” to our platform.
We work in an agile manner combining Scrum and Kanban. Moreover, we are always open to new ideas and innovation.
- Daily and proactive support of the new technical foundation business critical applications in production
- Ensure the high availability, resiliency, scalability and capacity utilization of the applications while working closely with the development teams
- Support the troubleshooting, incident and problem management processes
- Enhance the application monitoring and self-healing capabilities of the applications
- Work closely with the rest of the SRE team on improving the applications from an operational perspective, achieving automation and efficiency
- Perform deployments for new releases
- Constantly update the KMS ensuring that it is of high quality and consistent
- Work on eliminating the “toil” on operations tasks
- Perform “on call” duty outside office hours as the resiliency and business criticality classification of the applications, requires 24/7 support. The estimated “on call” ratio is one week every five weeks and the compensation is very competitive
The role is based in Gdańsk.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
We are looking for an energetic, innovative and service-minded Site Reliability Engineer who “Thinks Differently”, is technology savvy, gets pleasure through automation and enjoys challenges. Being a self-starter, ambitious and curious person are strong assets as well.
Your profile and background:
- You hold a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- You have at least 3 years of working experience as an SRE or DevOps preferably at a large organization, supporting the design and operation of business-critical applications
- Experience in at least one of the following: Type.js, Angular, Python, Go or Shell-Scripting, Oracle and/or PostgreSQL
- Experience in the below technologies and tools:
- Containerization (Docker, lxc)
- Automation tooling (Ansible + Ansible Tower, Puppet)
- Service discovery (Consul, etcd)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience in working with APIs achieving automation and interoperability
- Experience in application monitoring and application self-healing best practises
If you happen to have these, it will be in your favour:
- Knowledge on the financial services domain
- Experience in supporting clients is desired as well as troubleshooting, incident and problem management
- Experience in working with Scrum and/or Kanban
- Experience with setting up and testing of failover instances complemented with relevant documentation (TRRDs), data modelling and user guides
- Experience with distributed systems
- ITIL foundation certificate
- Understanding of concepts of
- No-sql databases (Mongo DB, Cassandra),
- Software configuration management
- Continuous integration/delivery (Bitbucket, Artifactory, Bamboo, TeamCity, Jenkins),
- Log aggregation (Splunk, ELK)
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 24 Febuary 2019.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.