Finnish Speaking KYC Specialist - Nordea Estonia
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea.
Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As a KYC Specialist, you will be part of ensuring that KYC Operations Finland conducts high quality risk analysis on customers and takes necessary mitigating actions. You will work in a complex international environment of sanctions, AML and financial crime, being responsible for performing KYC on Nordea’s customers to manage money laundering, terrorist financing and other financial crime risks.
What you’ll be doing:
- Demonstrate deep AML understanding
- Collect KYC information for Customers and their Beneficial Owners based on type of structure and relationship
- Update KYC profiles in accordance with KYC requirements
- Evaluate customer AML risk level and assign proper AML risk classification to customers
- Deliver high quality Enhanced Due Diligence reviews based on Unusual Activity Inputs and / or Time triggers on High Risk customers
- Monitor and analyse complex transaction patterns
- Escalate suspicious business activities
- Participate in relevant initiatives for continuous improvement
- It is crucial that you understand the importance of being compliant. You are a team player willing to support others in reaching our common goals in a changing environment
We are a unit of dedicated professionals with a passion to prevent financial crime.
The prole is based in Tallinn, Estonia.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job. You have strong attention to detail, keen problem-solving skills, and can communicate effectively with both external and internal customers. In addition, you should be eager to understand KYC and AML requirements. You`ll make appropriate decisions on behalf of regulations and the customer.
- Experience in Know Your Customer (KYC) / Financial Crime/ Anti Money Laundering (AML) area, preferably in a financial institution is an advantage
- You are fluent in Finnish, both spoken and written (C1/C2) and English in communication level
- Understanding of the relevant regulatory landscape, especially customer (Enhanced) Due Diligence processes
- Proven record of conducting high quality (enhanced) due diligence (E)DDs and / or experience in Bank’s product or customer responsible unit is an advantage
- Understanding of high risk industries, countries and different corporate legal forms is an advantage
- Comfortable with problem solving and analytical thinking
- Quick learner with the ability to adapt to changes with optimism
- You have preferably Bachelor’s degree in Business
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
Please send us your CV with motivation letter as soon as possible. We start the interviews and can make selections during the application time. We will contact the candidates who are succesful in few weeks.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
We accept only job applicants with existing residency / work permit in EU.