Nordea KYC Investigator - Tallinn Estonia
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organization to ensure people can trust Nordea.
Interested in coming on the journey with us?
We are building the new team of KYC specialists in Estonia.
As a KYC Investigator, you will work as part of the dedicated Customer Due Diligence Analytics team concentrating on Nordea’s largest corporate and institutional customers. The team is responsible for key elements of the Know Your Customer (KYC); Anti-Money Laundering /Counter Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF) value chain.
For the Bank to be able to assess the customer risk, your tasks would include gathering the supportive customer information, assess Politically Exposed Persons (PEP), perform analyses of transactions and/or perform Ongoing Due Diligence on our portfolio of customers securing high quality in customer due diligence processes. As part of your career plan, more complex customer directed activities would be added to portfolio of tasks. All the above tasks have the purpose of evaluating customer cases and related AML/CTF risks and thereby assisting the customer responsible units, Corporate & Investment Banking (C&IB) and Financial Institutions Group (FIG), to understand and manage financial crime related risk.
What we are offering is a challenging position in an international field of Financial Anti-Crime. As a Specialist you will have a great opportunity not only to develop your professional skills, but also advance in your career.
What you’ll be doing:
- Safeguard the largest and most complex Nordic/Global customers and Nordea from ever-growing threats in a complex and global environment
- Evaluate complex customer cases and related AML/CTF risks and assist C&IB and FIG front-line to manage financial crime related risk
- Secure high quality in customer due diligence
- Develop further in challenging and rapidly changing area
We offer you an inspiring and international working environment with dedicated, driven and professional colleagues.
The role is based in Tallinn.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in living our purpose and that we expect all our colleagues be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with our growing teams in Tallinn, but also with colleagues from both Nordic and Global Nordea branches. You always act with the customers’ needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things and you are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You are honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it is difficult. You are committed to empowering others while feeling passionate about doing a great job.
To qualify for this position, you should preferable have an educational background within Law, Science, IT, Economics or similar. Preferably experience working within Banking and Corporates in particular. Prior experience in AML/CTF, KYC, Transactions Monitoring and/or Sanctions and knowledge on Corporate & Institutional customers is highly valued, but as we are constantly reinforcing and diversifying the team, an applicant with a background in other related field or industry sector would certainly be considered.
Candidates with strong results from University/Business School, but without substantial work experience, are also encouraged to apply.
- Understanding of the relevant regulatory landscape
- 3-4 years of experience within Banking: Compliance, AML/KYC, (corporate) customer advisor role
- Strong attention to detail and ability to master direct customer interaction
- Excellent in both verbal and written English and preferable but not required to also speak one of the Nordic or languages
- Strong analytical and IT skills topped with the gift of presenting complex matters in clear and understandable form
- Capability to build relationships with key stakeholders in different organizational levels
- Curiosity to dig into details and tolerate routines, but also ability to put those details into a larger perspective
- Ambitious and focused on achieving results
- Capability to accept changing working environment fast, thus you can work independently with quality
- A bachelor degree, master degree is a benefit
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
Please send us your application with motivation letter as soon as possible. We start the interviews and can make selections during the application time.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
We consider only applicants with existing residency / work permit in EU.