Senior Java Developer, Warsaw
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. Welcome to an international, energetic team that generates great momentum from collaboration.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are shaping the digital transformation of banking to improve the services we deliver. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
As Senior Java Developer, you’ll engage with many different stakeholders, so the person we are looking for, is an outgoing individual who is self-motivated and contributes to a good team spirit. You are an experienced and passionate developer always seeking the best solution.
You are an experienced and passionate developer always seeking for the best solution. You will be a part of one of our scrum teams and work with all tasks that are part of the daily development process.
What you’ll be doing:
- Making technical analysis, designing and implementing maintainable solutions to guarantee high performance, available and compliant service
- Contributing actively with an input regarding best practices and principles ranging from object oriented analysis-, design- and implementation to test automation techniques.
- Assisting us in reaching our vision of delivering higher quality software in the most efficient way
By joining the Nordea Team, you will gain:
- Scandinavian environment (the happiest people in the world)
- Work with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Work based on international standards using state-of-the-art tools (e.g. Java 8, Spring, Maven, Git, Hibernate, Atlassian Stack (Bamboo, BitBucket, Jira), IntelliJ/Eclipse/Other, jUnit, AngularJS)
- Opportunity to participate in ambitious, international IT projects
- Possibility to participate in training programs enhancing your qualifications
- An incentive package that includes a medical services package for you and your family, a sport card, cinema tickets funding, a possibility to join a corporate life insurance scheme
The role is based in Warsaw. Welcome to an international, energetic team that generates great momentum from collaboration.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
To reach the objectives you will need to have a good command of technical skills, strong drive, taking ownership and a can-do attitude. Being transparent, curious, courageous, innovative, customer oriented and eager to learn will help in your day-to-day work.
You have a professional level when it comes to adapting and responding to change, interacting with people and influencing your surroundings. You are a true team player and have experience in working with a feedback culture and contributing in a winning team. You are taking action and dare to fail in order to achieve results.
- At least 5 years of solid Java software development experience
- Java, Spring, SQL
- Good command of English
- Practical knowledge of practises like test driven development, design principles and continuous integration
- Experience of working in distributed teams and close cooperation and integration with external services and suppliers
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
You have until 30 June 2018 to send us your application.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different ackgrounds and experiences.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Counil of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GPDR’. I agree to have my personal data proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank AB S.A. Branch in Poland.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank AB S.A. Branch in Poland, Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank AB S.A. Branch in Poland. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing additional personal data is voluntary however necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://nordea.pl/odo.pdf