OBIEE - Site Reliability Engineer, Gdańsk
We are looking for a Senior Site Engineer to initially work on supporting our OBIEE platform. This is an opportunity for you to be further involved into the support of more reporting applications but also ETL technologies (IBM InfoSphere DataStage).
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital.
More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
You’ll join Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence SRE/Application Operations team (part of Core Services, GMCCR and FRC in Trading Technology), where we are tasked with the responsibility of supporting a range of reporting (OBIEE and in-house developed) and ETL application (IBM InfoSphere DataStage) on production. We work towards simplification, engineering and automation along with maintaining scalable and reliable services towards a great customer experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Daily and proactive support of the OBIEE platform from a technical, administrative and user support perspective
- Ensure the high availability, resiliency, scalability and capacity utilization of the application while working closely with the development teams
- Support the troubleshooting, incident and problem management processes
- Enhance the application monitoring and self-healing capabilities of the applications
- Work closely with the rest of the team members on improving the applications from an operational perspective, achieving automation and efficiency
- Perform deployments for new releases
- Constantly update the KMS ensuring that it is of high quality and consistent
- Perform platform upgrades
- Work on eliminating the “toil/manual” work on operations tasks
- Work with proactive capacity planning and ensure that we meet the SLAs and MTTR KPIs
Our team consists of 3 team members and is located in Gdansk, Poland working closely with the development teams in the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence area and also with several business units across Wholesale Banking.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- You hold a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- You have at least 3 years of work experience as Application Support/ Operations Engineer/ SRE or DevOps preferably at a large organization, supporting the design and operation of business critical applications
- Experience on supporting demanding clients is desired
- Experience working with Scrum and/or Kanban
- Solid experience working with Oracle Business Intelligence 11g / 12c
*installation, *administration, *performance tuning
- Deep understanding of Oracle WebLogic Server functionality
- Experience working with IBM InfoSphere DataStage
*Managing Director/Designer/Manager etc.
*Expertise in troubleshooting
*ability to analyze queries created by OBIEE "on the fly"
*in case of the necessity analyze OBIEE metadata, database objects, etc.
- Familiarity with #!/bin/sh and unix-like systems (RedHat, AIX)
*editing scripts, troubleshooting etc.
- Experience in creation of batch scripts (*.bat/*.cmd) *creating\editing scripts etc.
- Hands on experience in *.xml *creating\editing *.xml files
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 and higher
- Knowledge on some of the below technologies is an asset:
- Artifactory, Bamboo, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Ansible Tower and App Dynamics
- Experience with setting up and testing of failover instances complemented with relevant documentation (TRRDs)
- Experience with creating high quality documentation, data modelling and user guides
- Experience in application monitoring and application self-healing best practises
- Experience with troubleshooting, incident and problem management
- ITIL foundation certificate is an advantage
- An natural appetite to improve, simplify and automate
- A strong team playing and proactive spirit
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 23 June 2018.
Great people often know great people – please
share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.