Senior Developer, Gdańsk
We are looking for a Senior Developer to lead the development of adaptors and integration points in Trading & Sales IT. This is an opportunity for you to take up a leading role with the possibility to advance into a Team Leader position within a defined timeframe.
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital.
More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
You’ll join Trading & Sales IT, where we are responsible for the majority of Front Office Trading applications supporting Nordea Markets in trading activities in Forex, Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives. We are also responsible for the delivery and integration of data to our main trade repository for downstream consumption of data and you will be a vital part of the team delivering on this.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and maintain adaptors between Front Office applications and our main trade repository
- Develop other integration points required for exchange of data
- Triage/troubleshoot issues, bugs and new features
- Refactor, optimise, simplify code-base when time permits (aka housekeeping)
- Take an active role in design decisions, sparring with enterprise architects
- Act as a Quality Assurance within the Team
- Be the leading developer with an option to expand the role into a Team Leader role within a defined timeframe
- Interact with applications teams and developers to assist and deliver integration solutions based on standard protocols and technologies
The role is based in Gdansk. Welcome to a newly established team that currently consists of 2 external consultants in Gdansk. The intention is to hire 2-3 additional resources based in Gdansk.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the four key values that guide us in being at our best. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re dependable, willing to speak up and share your view and ideas – even when it’s difficult – and committed to empowering others.
Your profile and background:
- You are proud of developing quality code and understand that quality assurance is an important aspect of successful integration
- You are willing to take the lead and may be interested taken on a managerial role as Team Leader as a natural move within your career
- 5-8 years of development experience, ideally with functional programming experience
- You are used to develop in Java 8 which we are using extensively (ideally you already have experience with spring (boot) framework, jpa/jdbc)
- You have experience with building system integration software, preferably real-time processing systems (REST & SOAP services, message-driven architecture like MQ/Kafka/…)
- You have in-depth knowledge of working with data, ETL, databases (sql) and xml structures and preferably you have knowledge of FpML
- You have worked with Quality Assurance techniques and testing methods, TDD/BDD
- You have excellent troubleshooting skills, root-cause-analysis, ensuring that issues are not just resolved, but understood and prevented by adding proper precautionary steps (procedures, test-cases, etc.)
- Preferably you have knowledge about Capital Markets products
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining the Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 23 June 2018.
For more information about the position, please contact Bent-Ove Bjørn, telephone +45 4084 6285, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ronni Nielsen, telephone +45 5546 5927, e-mail: email@example.com
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.