Head of DevOps, Group Data Management Office, Gdynia
Machine learning, robotics, cloud computing. We’re harnessing the power of technology to reinvent the future of banking. A digital revolution is underway – joining us puts you at the heart of it.
Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment, you’ll play a part in making us truly digital. More than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest IT employers in Tricity and Warsaw. You’ll have lots of opportunities to expand your abilities and advance your career. Will you help us lead the way in transforming the future of banking?
We are looking for a Head of DevOps. This is an opportunity for you to join a team, where continuous learning is a virtue and to engage with technology stakeholders and development teams to perfect and develop DevOps best practices.
We are on the exciting journey of simplifying and transforming our business and IT landscape. An exciting time lies in store for us and we are now looking for an experienced DevOps Expert to join our team.
You’ll join Group Data Management Office where we you will be working in Nordea's Common Platforms team as a Head of DevOps. Here you'll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to be a key part of designing and building Nordea's next core data platforms. Moreover, you will be managing a team of highly motivated and skillful DevOps engineers to drive and implement standard DevOps tooling/procedures.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and improving Continuous Delivery pipeline on Hadoop and other Data Platforms
- Automating infrastructure configuration management
- Improving the monitoring capabilities
- Establishing proper virtualisation of development and operations infrastructure
- Promoting automation where possible, and where processes are repeatable and reliable
- Working closely with Development, QA team and Product Management in a continuous delivery environment
- Managing builds & deployments and providing periodic reporting to senior management
The role is based in Gdynia. You will be joining a team in the international environment, and managing a team in Poland and Nordics.
Who are you?Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
Your profile and background:
- A self-starter attitude, capable to work independently
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo, Docker, OpenShift/Kubernetes, Ansible/Puppet, Graphana/Graphite, SonarQube, Maven/Sbt, Nexus and Flyway
- Excellent communication skills and experience with managing distributed global teams
- Experience in managing DevOps on large scale infrastructure
- Great people management kills
Ideally if you also have:
- Experience with BigData platforms (Cloudera, Hortonworks or MapR)
- Solid knowledge of Financial Servicse
- User experience driven thinking capabilities
- Experience in working with Agile methods
Here's the highlights of what you will gain by joining Nordea Data Engineering team:
- Full time position with flexible work schedule and working from home
- Access to the latest high-tech solutions and opportunity to specialise in other technologies
- Exciting projects in your own responsibility with diverse challenges
- Wonderful team spirit and a great working atmosphere in a friendly, international team
- A benefit package that includes a medical services package for you and your family
- Access to employee pension and life insurance scheme
- Relocation package option
Don't hesitate to apply! Remember we have made a wish list of skills, we build robots, but we hire people!
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
More information and send application
At nordea.pl, you can read more about us and the benefits you’ll get when joining Nordea team.
At Nordea, we recruit from the widest possible pool and hire the best person for the job. Because diversity makes us stronger. And once you are on board, you will find that we offer equal opportunities to everyone.
Please submit your application no later than 13 June 2018
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who could be a perfect match for this job.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.