Head of Mainframe Application Maintenance, Helsinki or Tricity
It’s an exciting time
for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together
we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you
will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in
society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their
lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are shaping the digital
transformation of banking to improve the services we deliver. Interested in
coming on the journey with us?
As a Head of Mainframe ApplicationMaintenance, you will be improving operational
stability for all IT Services/applications in your portfolio, by aligning and
maturing the Application Operations and Application Management disciplines in
close co-operation with the Application Development areas.
You will be responsible for managing the unit which
consists of 3 direct reports who jointly are responsible for ~40
internal and external staff located in the Nordics and Poland and managing a
portfolio of ~160 applications.
Operations & Support, which this unit
is a part of, has the overall vision of running stable and
scalable IT services cost efficiently. We run Nordea IT Operations across
Nordea’s geographies and business divisions. We enable the millions of
transactions that our customers send through our systems every day. We are a
highly specialised operations organization with a very strong emphasis on
quality of our IT services.
cover multiple services:
- IT and application Service Desk end-user services
- Best in class application maintenance services
- Command & Control Centre services for operational monitoring, crisis management and root cause analysis
- Continual improvement of operational processes
- Service integration across internal organisations and suppliers
- Interface point for our development organization receiving new services into production
you will be doing:
- Increasing operational stability for the IT Services/applications in your portfolio
- Meeting or exceeding SLAs within the areas of Availability, Incident and Problem Management
- Ensuring that all application provider responsibilities within the Nordea System Development Life Cycle are fulfilled
- Helping with reducing technical debt and ensuring continuous service improvement for the services provided
- Helping drive the transition and transformation towards the new delivery and operating model
The role is based in Finland (Helsinki) or Poland
(Tricity). Team is geographically dispersed in Denmark, Sweden, Finland,
Poland and India and spans across different mainframe technologies such as IBM
z/OS and HP Nonstop and supports multiple business units.
Who are you
You have excellent interpersonal skills and you are able to co-operate within a geographically dispersed
team. You are results oriented and have a process drive and an ability to
achieve these results via processes across silos. Moreover, you will be a
change agent and thereby being open to change is essential.
- Min. 3 years’ experience as a leader of leaders
- Experience in IT Operations and IT Service Management disciplines preferably from the financial sector
- Excellent at delegating tasks and empowering people to act
- Fluent English in writing and speaking. Fluent Finnish will be considered as a plus.
- Experience in working with people in Nordics, Poland and India utilizing different delivery models (Time and material, Managed capacity, Managed service) will be considered as an advantage
- Travelling may be required
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
You have until 03 June 2018 to send us your
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we
strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and
with different backgrounds and experiences.
Great people often know great people – please
share if you have a friend who would love this job.
Please include permit for
processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the
processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in
Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on
the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited
resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should
be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition handling everything related to
We reserve the right to reply only to