Java Developer (Microservices/APIs), Gdynia
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are shaping the digital transformation of banking to improve the services we deliver. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
We are looking for Java Developer actively working on middleware development in Java 8. You will join a new team working inline with SAFe. This new team will focus on building new services (premium offerings for coprporate clients) for banking. You will join international project which will generate new business opportunities. All project members are based in the Nordic countries, Poland and India.
What you’ll be doing:
- Core responsibilites are:
- Deliver middleware development in Java 8.
- Participate in middleware integration on the Open Banking platform, which is maintained by Nordea.
- As the project works according to SAFe/Scrum, your team will have: a daily meetings, sprints, and approx. 12 weeks product increments.
- Participate in training programs enhancing your professional skills.
- Expect Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo and Maven
We promote the following practices:. clean-code, test driven development, continuous integration.
The role is based in Gdynia where you can join international IT team which: contributes in important IT projects, which is building new centers of competences and which has passion to work on software development for banking business.
Who are you?Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
So, if you are:
- Enthusiast and have passion to develop middleware in Java
- Creative and motivated to develop integrated solutions involving: APIs and microservices
- Able to work independently with defined technical problems and you are self-driven in the area of java development.
- Proactive in terms of communicating and you take the initiative in your projects.
And your technical background is:
- Strong background in: Java 8 (SE, EE)
- Proven experience in using java framework : Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Security
- Interest in developing microservices based on: Java EE, SE, Spring, REST
- Practical use of: Redhat OpenShift / Kubernetes would be an asset
- Have good written and verbal communication skills in English
We're looking forward to welcoming you to the team!
More information and send applicationYou have until 23 May 2018 to send us your application.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.