Scala Developer for Hadoop / Big Data projects, Gdynia
It’s an exciting time for you to join us. We’re a changing company with big ambitions and together we’ll create the future of banking.
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are embedding compliance across the organisation to ensure people can trust Nordea. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
We’re looking for Scala Developer, who is proficient with Scala, but wants to move his career more into Big Data/Hadoop technologies (Hadoop, Spark, HDFS).
You’ll join a team of Senior/Expert Hadoop developers located in Gdynia, who are working on building and maintaining backend (data engines) solutions consuming data from multiple data sources (e.g. customer data, data warehouse data, KYC data) and platforms for control/follow-up purposes.
We will provide you with Hadoop training, however we expect you have a solid experience in Scala development.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building and maintaining backend (data engines) solutions consuming data from multiple data sources
- Coding in Scala
- Working with other tools related with Hadoop: Spark, Oozie, Sqoop, HBase, Impala, HBase
- Working closely with: product owner, project manager and scrum master to assure that your technical projects are on a good track.
- Providing: scala code, new concepts and documentation for other technical departments.
- Exposing processed data/results to both general UI-solutions and dedicated receivers
- Collaborating with: System Engineering & Quality Assurance. Those entities will help you to see the system and will support you on testing your solutions before deployment in production
- Using collaboration tools and repositories: Git , Maven, Gradle, Atlassian Stack (Bamboo, BitBucket, Jira, Confluence) and programing environments: InteliJ/Eclipse/Other on a daily basis.
- Participating in training programs enhancing your professional skills.
The role is based in Gdynia. Welcome to a team where we are passionate about technology and agile methods.
Who are you
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
- Good Scala developer who has experience with Big Data and Hadoop development or you’re interested in those technologies and want to learn about them
- Able to work independently with defined technical problems and you are self-driven in the area of developing your tasks and projects.
- Proactive in terms of communicating and you take the initiative in your projects.
- At least 2 years of commercial experience in Scala
- General knowledge on Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Kafka, HDFS, YARN, HBase)
- Great knowledge of HTTP server: Apache
- Knowledge of practices like: clean-code, continuous integration
- Practical skill related with: Git, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, etc.
- Have a good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Moreover, if you’ve experience with: Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, YARN – we’re taking you in!
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
You have until 5 May 2018 to send us your application.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
To all recruitment agencies: Please note, we don’t accept unsolicited resumes for any of our positions. All contact regarding agency resumes should be directed to Nordea Talent Acquisition handling everything related to recruitment.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.