Application Operation Specialist, Gdańsk
Working with us, you will play a part in building a better bank that fulfils a meaningful role in society. We aim to help our 11 million customers around the world improve their lives and reach their goals. To do that, we are shaping the digital transformation of banking to improve the services we deliver. Interested in coming on the journey with us?
Safekeeping & Reporting Systems are a part of Nordea Trading Technology and responsible for supporting and developing systems and solutions for Capital Markets Services. We are divided in several CI-teams located in Denmark, Finland, Sweden and Norway and the offshore delivery team. We are focused on simplification- and to help us agile development methods and close corporation with business is the key.
To support us in this endeavor we are establishing an Application Operations team within the organization. The person who we are looking for should combine both IT Analyst and IT Operation Specialist skills. If you would like to support internal customers of IT system within the Nordea Bank and have strong technical background then it is the position for you.
What you will be doing:
- Provide 2nd line support
- Process automation
- Configuration management
- Deployments of new versions of software
- Develop and react on the warnings and alerts from monitoring system
- Work with Infrastructure and Operations as well as Application Development teams to develop, implement, and control high quality applications
- Follow ITIL processes implemented within Nordea
- Contribute to team’s Knowledge Management System
- Manage relationships with business and IT peers
Current technology stack includes: Atlassian stack, GIT, Weblogic, Geneos, Docker, Puppet, UC4, RHEL, MQ.
- Stable employment conditions in international environment
- Agile project approach
- Challenging tasks
- Cafeteria benefits plan (life insurance, retirement program, sport card, private health care, cinema tickets, annual profit sharing)
- Possibility to increase your knowledge and skills (external and internal trainings, Pluralsight)
Who are you?Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. The four key values that guide us in being at our best and that we expect all our colleagues to be committed to.
To build a successful career with us, you’ll work well with others and always act with the customer’s needs in mind. You love learning and trying new things, and you’re excited about bringing your ideas to the table. You’re honest and dependable, willing to speak up even when it’s difficult, and committed to empowering others. You’re passionate about doing a great job.
- Linux (preferably RHEL) experience
- Practical knowledge of modern configuration management tools
- Practical knowledge of modern database and web application monitoring tools
- Scripting / programming experience (ie. Bash, Python, Ruby, Node, Go)
- SQL basics
- Love to solve problems and dig down to find the root cause
- Readiness for frequent business trips for the first few months
- Very good English language skills
- Readiness to occasionally cover deployments during the weekends
- Strong communication skills
- Oracle DB experience
- Experience and exposure to ITIL process
- Experience in supporting end users and customer friendly attitude
- Knowledge about Web Application Servers (ie. Weblogic)
If this sounds like you, we look forward to welcoming you to the team!
More information and send applicationYou have until 5 May 2018 to send us your application.
We believe that diversity improves team performance. Therefore, we strive to form teams with a mix of people of different genders and ages, and with different backgrounds and experiences.
Great people often know great people – please share if you have a friend who would love this job.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following: “I give my permission for the processing of my personal data that is essential for the recruitment process in Nordea Bank AB branch in Poland, in accordance with the Act of 29.08.1997 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws No. 133, item 883 amended)”.
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.